eTricycle

TomyJ

Local time
2:10 PM
Here's the plan: 1 Cheap 24" Tricycle, 7 speed, dual brakes. 2. Front 24" wheel electric motor kit, 48V 1K Watt. 3. Lith Ion Batteries, 48V 20Ah 1K watts... ALL FOR UNDER $700. What do you guy's think? Doable? Plans are to sell some to the senior citizens in my area, maybe $1200. each? Photos to follow...
HPIM4864.JPG
HPIM4865.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the foundation for the eTricycle. eBay and it comes 75% assembled, I think the hardest part was the Shimano 7 speed detailer and the chain, they did supply the chain breaker (aka installer) AND Don't ever forget the pedals are left and right hand threads. So we will test riding it to make sure nothing goes wrong then order the front wheel eBike kit and the battery's...

Attachments

• Tricycle.JPG
    Tricycle.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 269
Be very careful about deciding to sell them. Cheap trikes are notorious for breaking, and especially devastating is the broken rear axle. Been there, done that. Never again. (Schwinn Meridian piece of junk!)

OK, So my wife does not like the color, (OMG) and she wants a happy color so looking around eBay again all the prices are going up $35.-$40. must Xmas time, so I found a BLUE "Mountain Tricycle" with fork suspension and disc brake up front, drum brake rear with Shimano 7 speed.Tricycle 24 inch.jpgand I will leave the electrics alone for awhile, AND I found some material in the back of the garage (not lost) of another I started but put aside, maybe it's time to finish it, TRI-POD aluminum frame, front wheel electric kit, Photos to follow...
It should be more than sufficient. 1000 watts will get them old folks going faster than they need to.
California eBike law is 25 MPH, well maybe you're right??? BUT! remember hills, head winds, and supplies in the basket.

Attachments

• MountainTricycle.JPG
    MountainTricycle.JPG
    282.9 KB · Views: 236
I built this (TriPod) in 2014 and moved the electrics to Trikester, I thought the frame 2x3x1/8 wall was over kill so I started another with channel and put it away to build Trikester. Found it in storage. Would you like to follow the build?
HPIM1380.JPG

I am going to build this with front and rear suspension and talk to him again and if he does not put any money down it will be electric???

Wheel size? Both rims are 8" dia. 3" or 5" wide x 4x4 lugs? I tend to lean towards the 18" high x 6" wide tire, I like cool...

Attachments

• HPIM4909.JPG
    HPIM4909.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 233
Back