evel k is dead

D

Dockspa1

We all have skeletins in our closets and we don't know the specifics of his personal life so maybe we should just remember him for the great entertaiment he gave us?
MHO.
Doc

M

minibiker

yes he was a great man and a great motorcyclist. he has always been one of my heroes & i doubt that any one will ever come close to the accomplish ments he has made in his life

G

gone_fishin

we had 2 threads goin', it was best to merge 'em...scottm, i told my story in detail here, wasn't braggin' but fondly remembering, i cried a few whistful tears as i posted it. it brought back more than just memories of the man, but of the time, too :cool: :cool:

A

atcspaul

i still have my ticket stubs for evel jumping over the grand canyon. he truley will be missed

H

hotsauce492003

I saw the Evel Knivel Movie on the theaters back in the early 70's? or late 60's..I don't know, but it changed my life. From the moment I saw that movie I wanted to ride a motorcycle or bicycle and do wheelies , jumps, spinning my back wheel & burning rubber...I might have been like 12, 13 or so.
By 15 I got my first motorcycle...not after braking my arm at 14 doing BMX. It was a steep learning curve. I probably did the first downhill mountainbiking on a long steep hill near my home, where I was going at full speed with my back wheel locked up for about a mile long...that's how steep and fast it was. It felt like skiing down a slope with some ditches and obstacles on the way. Real fun.
Anyways by 17 my MX was getting there to the top place finnishes in races.
So yes, my love for two wheels as a sport has a lot to do with watching that E.Knivel movie as a young teenager.
Evel R.I.P.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

minibiker

i still have my ticket stubs for evel jumping over the grand canyon
he never tried to jump the grand canyon he did attempt the snake river canyon on the rocket cycle

D

Dockspa1

I believe he was going to attempt to jump the Grand but opted for the Snake.

Pablo

Sponsor
I gotta say, the guy was my hero. I really knew nothing of his personal life. But at that time it seemed like he was a pretty good hero.

Thread Status: Hello , this thread is over 3 years old. You can still reply if relevant, but sometimes it's better to create a new thread to get more replies!