Evening visit from the Cops....

try getting out there on a sunny weekend and pedalling around meeting the neighbors, introduce them to what yer up to and why...i have no idea what kinda folks they are so maybe this wouldn't work, but it sure wouldn't hurt...who knows, maybe ya get a riding companion out of it.

pffft
Neighbors can suck
I can understand if it was around midnight or something, but even then at least have the balls to face you instead of whining to the pork.
This is THE problem with America nowadays. Technology has made it so easy to avoid those right in front of us.

He11, If they think a MB is loud they should hear my VW bus with a muffler-less exhaust cruising down the road:LOL:
If they heard it, they'd prolly call the cops, 'cause that's illegal (most everywhere). The whole sound ordinance thing comes into play, and if you don't have the catalytic converter on, then the environmental aspect comes into play.

... I don't know what it is about my bike that throws people into a hissy-fit. It might be just the pitch of my exhaust and not the noise level.
The pitch is exactly it! When you're holding the thing WOT, you will be piercing the ears of all neighbors within a block minimum radius (A V-Twin Harley is loud, but it only gets the attention of your immediate neighbors, and those deep exhaust sounds are rather soothing, honestly). This is why I ALWAYS peddle the last two blocks home. My friend's GoPed Riot (GP460 motor) got the cop called on him a couple times by the same lady. It prolly sounds like a super fast (yet annoying) fly buzzing by her head. I do not want trouble, so I will keep on peddling out of the neighborhood. Ya can't do that with a GoPed!!

Last edited:
sometimes, i think it's resentment and a bit of minor jealousy, usually harmless until that 1st call to 5-0...

just try to keep in mind...it's on us to work with them...we can pull it off, if we have more cookouts...

mmmmm...corn on the cob....

:cool:

Last edited:
How weird. My neighbors all smile, laugh and wave when I ride by.
My neighbors used to stay out all night and leave their dogs out. Those beasts would bark non stop. I would call the police and hold my phone out the back door, but since no one was home they couldn't write a ticket. Another neighbor got their phone number and would call and record the dog's barking on the answering machiene. When they got home there was 30 minutes of barking to listen to.
They moved away to the country.

I live in a neighborhood where my bike is the quietest thing on 2 wheels around....but I get more looks than the guys with the big-inch V-twins with the shorty pipes. However, my bike is pretty quiet.

I've noticed that one of our neighbors down the street will not wave at me when I'm on the bike, but they wave all the time when the wife and I are in the car. I guess they don't like the bike. Most people stop dead in their tracks and wave. When I stop in some place, there is always someone who wants to know all about the bike.

So far no one has called the cops on me and I hope that stays that way. We have cars in our neighborhood that are louder than my bike... heck, some sound systems are louder than my bike.

I feel for you people who get the cops called on you. Hope that it doesn't happen very much. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

If I had neighbors like that I'd be packing their big gas guzzlers exhaust with concrete in the middle of the night. Live and let live people. I can understand complaining about the guy with straight pipes on anything or a 1000w car stereo with massive subs but complaining about a vehicle that is probably quieter than a lawnmower is just asinine.

If I had neighbors like that I'd be packing their big gas guzzlers exhaust with concrete in the middle of the night.
oh yeah, that outta stop the civil complaints...now let's talk about criminal complaints.

i think the cookout might be a better idea...

mmmm...potato salad...

:cool:

Last edited:
Back