Ever been hassled by the authorities for motor size

Tom can

Local time
2:20 AM
still designing first build , haven’t decided on a motor yet and just wondering has anyone been hassled by police over size of motor and if so how many officials really know by looking if it’s 49 or 66 cc ?

here is the thing. if you get stopped by the police, i don't think they can tell. but if you get in a major accident with a possible hefty lawsuit, as seen here, you can be sure the other party is going to do everything they can to find out the legality of your ride. and, if it is technically illegal then i don't know how that will go in the courts even if you were not technically at fault or if it comes down to a "he said, she said" argument.

also, i like 4 stroke for simplicity and little maintenance.

I carry a one mill umbrella over my half mil insurance - not real worried about it.

I carry a one mill umbrella over my half mil insurance - not real worried about it.
How does insurance help with your motorized bike.? Just a thought being a bicycle can be covered under insureance plans say for a car.
Just a thought.

I have never been pulled over on my motor bicycle. I guess I don't live in "Socal" either. I ride mine regularly down the main drag, the county back roads, highway, everywhere...

small town USA. There are no sky scrapers or beaches around here. Or guys in bmw's

There are people that go into town with their dog on the back of their ATV here

the umbrella covers any liability, traffic related or not

not a lawyer, but am thinking that since bikes don't need insurance, the car policy might not kick in

Back