Ever heard of Tobukaeru??

TheStrayMule

Local time
12:00 PM
I was looking around for bikes for my first build and I ran across a bike made by
"Tobukaeru".

Searched in the forums and found nothing, so I was wondering if anyone knows anything about them. :)

Attachments

• 324974995_o.jpg
    324974995_o.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 809
um... the fork is on backwards... which I know is not your doing, but I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the dealer that can't put a fork on correctly...

ANYWAY... the space within the frame doesn't look quite big enough for an in-frame mounted, but only a dry-fit or measurements would really tell that

Lmao! I didn't even noticed the fork :rolleye2s:

I will be avoiding this company... thanks.

Lmao! I didn't even noticed the fork :rolleye2s:

I will be avoiding this company... thanks.

Since I don't know where this photo is from, I can't exactly blame the manufacturer for the assembly flub... but if the photo is from a dealership, I would definitely avoid that dealership! (unless it's a stock photo provided by the maker :D )

Hee ! Hee ! I noticed the fork and front brake right off the bat ! Amazing that who ever put that bike together ??? Looks like they did get the front fender correct though ! Geez !

It seems to be some new company that is only selling the bikes on eBay.
I've determined that its a photo from a dealership though, so I am still considering the bike. Its $140 and here are the full specs.

Frame : 26" CRUISER FRAME
Fork : CROWN FORK
Derailleur Shift : SHIMANO RS35 RAPID FIRE
Front Derailleur : NIL
Rear Derailleur : SHIMANO TX31 SIS GEAR
Freewheel : TRIDIAMOND 7SP INDEX 14-28 T
Chain Wheel : OPC 44T
Crank : 165 MM COTTER LESS OVERSIZED TYPE
Chain : KMC 1/2 X 1/8 120L
Handle Bar : 700W X 315R
Stem : 22.2 X 120MM X 150L
Brake Levers : 3 FINGER TYPE
Brake Arms : V/BRAKE TYPE
Rim : 26" X 1.5 X 1.15 MM 14G X 36H
Front Hub : KT OVERSIZED NUT TYPE W/ 3/8 AXLE
Rear Hub : KT OVERSIZED NUT TYPE W/ 3/8 AXLE
Tire : 26 X 2.125 MTB
Pedals : 1 PC BODY W/REFLECTOR 9/16 AXLE W/ BALL BEARING
Saddle : PVC TOP DOUBLE SPRING TYPE
Seat Post : 25.4 X 350 MM W/INSERTION MARK
Box Dimention : 57 x 8.5 x 30 inches
Weight : 38 lbs (included box)

The main thing I am concerned about is whether a motor will actually fit. How does this look?

at least the photo is a pretty straight on side shot, so if you can find out the wheel base measurements (hub to hub) you can at least get an idea of the scale of the rest of the bike and the space within the frame.

If I am not mistaken, Cranbrooks have a similar lower crossbar like that bike. Maybe talk to some people who own those and get some frame measurements from them.

If all else fails, see what their return policy is, though having to deal with shipping a bicycle BACK to someone would be a hassle

Back