Every time I ride it something breaks! Grrr...

Now I broke a belt on the way to work :(

I did find out that if you cut through the middle of two teeth, stick them together with superglue and reinforce with gaffa tape you can still use the belt :)

Replaced the diaphragm in the carb, no more splutters... BUT.

Sheared the bolt out of the clutch again, it flew out at great speed and hit a car - driver wasn't happy, but understood when I told him the country of origin of the kit...

I've had it, seriously... A CT110 looks like more intelligent transport than this thing.

Thinking about it, I had a car once that sounds a bit like this. A '79 Thunderbird. I won't bother with details; you can imagine.

It's the only car I ever abandoned.

I talked with a guy a few weeks ago that had one of these Black Star setups & he had to do extensive modifications to get it working properly,so your not alone...welds break,bits fall off.Bad design,bad materials,bad model maybe & he wasn't impressed.
I've gone for the Dax Titan system & it's been great(with my own mods).......even if i had a GEBE i'de still modify it.

Its pretty badly designed - **** welds on the clutch bell, I ended up removing the circlip, belting out the bell from the bearing and drilling though the bell and shaft and putting in a cotter pin (3mm) - its lightening itself (bits keep falling off).

Th carb is a joke, 10mm (!!) and the ports are only 10mm so going bigger is pointless.

oh god... i got similar problems with mine. i got a 69 cc motor from CHINA... Ironically it's always other things that causes problems, not the motor itself... Clutch, carb, bolts breaking, bla bla... ya seems like more hassle than fun with these chinese pieces of ****.

Sigh... I've officially got the ****s with it now.

It sheared the cotter pin on the way to work this morning, and I started tapping a thread through it... and the TAP broke :(

So not very happy... I'm going to complain to the seller, this is not fit for purpose, not fit for sale. Serious junk.

I'll gladly send the whole lot back to them.

Do that(tell the seller)...he may do something about it or he may not but atleast u would have tried your best.
Good luck & keep us posted for the Oz ppl. :)

The seller is very unlikely to do anything I think. I've sent emails regarding all of the problems I've been having, I have just about fixed the clutch problem I think... Ebay looks like a good place to get rid of it.

Its ****ting me off how much I had to fix on it though - no-one with the happytime frame mounts seems to be having as many issues...

Back