Evolution of me in Motorized Bicycles

This is the first and worst build I did. Mainly because it was made it China.
L4k8GT2.jpg

This is the second build I did. It is a Staton Gearbox connected to Sick Bike Parts Freewheel Cranks
hxGoZUv.jpg

This is my third build. It is a Thats Dax Friction Drive connected to a Harbor Freight 52cc Waterpump Engine.
yhgWuHV.jpg

This is my Fourth Build. It is a DIY Scooterguy mount with a Honda GX35 engine.
dtPLdd8.jpg

This is my fifth build. It is a GEBE kit with 105G wheel and a Tanaka PF4000
nJwtorw.jpg

I got out of motorized bicycles and then got a Honda Ruckus
RtJgFwp.jpg

I couldn't keep up with traffic with the Honda Ruckus so I got a Yamaha Zuma 125 which I still have
aZfUptJ.jpg

Now I don't feel as safe on the Yamaha Zuma 125 as I did when I was on a motorized bicycle on the sidewalks. So I'm building my dream bike. An Electra Townie 21D with a GEBE kit velocity 105g wheel and a Robin Subaru EH035 engine. Hope you can learn from my experiences.

Your post made me think of myself......As I have a GX-31 powered abomination I built that drives the front cranks through a gear reduction box and does about 50 m.p.h. on flat land..............(6 speed cartridge on the rear)
I got tired of crashing on it, as mountain bike brakes don't work well at 50.
So I went electric.........As I too prefer the sidewalks for short commutes. I have a couple of electrics now........All home built.
But I currently have been digging the heck out of a little Schwinn scooter that I've modded the heck out of.
Just a shear kick in the butt.........20 minutes on it can restore my youth, and I'm over 50.
That's where my evolution has taken me so far.
I would've posted some pics, but was somewhat challenged w/ the procedure........Perhaps not being a member.
I did very much enjoy your post.

P.S............I'm 6'-6" and ride the scooter standing up, which makes me about 7' coming through the crowd at events.
The line of sight in a crowd or on the sidewalk is incredibly enjoyable.

Got a couple more Motorized Bikes to add to my resume that I built. Here they are...........
ElectraRobinGEBE.jpg
GiantStatonGP460.jpg

Back