Exaust!!!

ha ha. i was referring to you saying that solid headers are best.... not the sbp pipe itself. i can read between the lines most of the time.

true with spring headers... it took me about 5 attempts to finally get the hang of getting them spot on... requires about 3 sockets overlapping each other. not really much point on these lil things but seriously makes a big difference on the lumpy vibrators that one can get hold of... i was usually happy with just one socket on the HT. just means you can jam a lot of silicone sealant inside there...once you see that squirting out after twenty hours or so...its time to give the pipe a clean out anyway..

the biggest factor with any pipe other than the actual geometry is port matching and getting rid of any turbulence AND changes in diameter exactly where a change in diameter is not desired...right at the exhaust port. the pressure waves REFLECT at these points... get it wrong and you may as well pull the pipe off...they arent actually working as they should. they can suck exhaust gas out, sure...that helps...but then they hit a wall when the reversion wave pushes back into the cylinder.

you would be amazed at the carbon deposits that build up around any little welding lumps etc that are ALWAYS left inside the header...

the one time i think a dremel, if you havent got an air compressor and die grinder, comes in handy...cleaning out burrs in pipes.

yay! arguments! weeeee!

i miss my wacko and my willy-nilly emoticons...these new ones are pathetic :(

Back