Exhaust bolts keep coming loose

I have a Schwinn stingray friz fifty and the exhaust bolts and the intake bolts keep coming loose, I put rubber never tried without it, I'm on my 3rd cliynder due to the screw holes getting stripped from coming out so much, any ideas?
Those exhaust studs are probably 6mm
If they stripped, (pulled out) just tap em to 1/4"x 20
1/4" x 20 is the next size bigger thread size
It's so close you wont event need to drill it first
Just tap the stripped hole

This is a common way to fix stripped 6mm threads in aluminum Motorcycle cases

I haven’t had any luck using rubber on the engine mounts, I mount mine solid to the frame. Your exhaust also needs a rear mount, never let it hang from the studs only. If you have rubber on the mounts and a solid mount on the muffler the exhaust studs will be the pivot point. If you use rubber add it to the exhaust rear mount also.

Granted I'm at 50 miles on my build but I haven't noticed the exhaust shaking or moving at all (Stock GT5B kit) and have no mount other than at the exhaust port. I have no way to attach it to the bike. I can understand if rubber mounts for the engine are used, the exhaust pipe/muffler would probably bounce around a lot... Not the case for me (hard mounted to the bike). I put a bit of rubber sheathing between the gas tank and the frame but that's the only spot. I check the torque spec on the exhaust bolts (and intake) (and head) before every ride but haven't had any issues with them loosening up.

I have a Schwinn stingray friz fifty and the exhaust bolts and the intake bolts keep coming loose, I put rubber never tried without it, I'm on my 3rd cliynder due to the screw holes getting stripped from coming out so much, any ideas?
Use studs instead of screws. Ever notice every thing with an exhaust uses studs, and not screws. lol

Back