Exhaust choices??

Sumsloppymeet

Local time
7:04 AM
This is my skyhawk and shes pretty much done but im still trying to make a decision on an exhaust. I have these two currently which is obviously a stock pipe and a motocross poo poo. Im waiting for the Thruster to show up sometime this week but wanna ride till then is the poo poo the better of the choices or what??

Attachments

• 20170905_094441.jpg
    20170905_094441.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 321
  • 20170905_094528.jpg
    20170905_094528.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 595
  • 20170904_225342.jpg
    20170904_225342.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 350
This is my skyhawk and shes pretty much done but im still trying to make a decision on an exhaust. I have these two currently which is obviously a stock pipe and a motocross poo poo. Im waiting for the Thruster to show up sometime this week but wanna ride till then is the poo poo the better of the choices or what??
I would not recomend that poo poo pipe to any one!It's way to restrictive even on a stock 48cc if you check the dia of the flange and fitting to the flex part it's around 15mm and the stock port is 19mm,it's also not able to be opened up enough to match the stock port.I tried to hogg one out and was going to reweld the joints when done but I opened it to 17mm and went through the fitting inner wall here is some pics.

Attachments

• 2016-12-07 15.50.36.jpg
    2016-12-07 15.50.36.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 308
  • 2016-12-07 15.55.50.jpg
    2016-12-07 15.55.50.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 316
  • 2016-12-07 15.58.14.jpg
    2016-12-07 15.58.14.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 295
I was looking at the Thrust racing pipe cause youtube videos show it has a great sound compared to the MZ65 pipe but I am going with the MZ65 pipe as I have no way of mounting a support clamp for the thrust racing pipe as the support clamp you have to make for it is right where my rear brake cable is routed.

So I will be buying a MZ65 pipe from Zeda that is built for the GT2A Skyhawk frame and it loops around and has the support bracket that bolts directly to the clutch cover.

Not any more i just got done making a new type of bracket for the thrust racing muffler once the paint dries ill post pictures tomorrow should be my maiden voyage as long as its not to messy damn hurricane hit my town head on lol

Ouch. I'm waiting myself on getting my window piston kit and my MZ65 chrome pipe from Zeda, hes been shipping out during the storm till Saturday/sunday he said he hopes to start shipping out tomorrow or day after.

yea he still owes me a few clutch springs and a gold velocity stack that wasent in my stage 2 kit i picked up said it should be on its way soon tho lol i got red aluminum throttle handles from kings that was suppose to be here today but fedex didnt brave the aftermath of irma today lol

yea he still owes me a few clutch springs and a gold velocity stack that wasent in my stage 2 kit i picked up

Ah. I thought of requesting a replacement carb since mine the plastic air filter assembly was smashed one of the screws was bent and it looks like it might have tweaked the threaded hole that screw threaded into. But since I wont be running the kit carb I didn't think it was worth the hassle to get him to send me a replacement for something I wont be using.

right what setup you running ive also got a gt80 kit im almost done fixing the porting adding the windowed piston and graphite bushing in im doing the paint and putting it back together suppose to be for my schwinn occ but i might play a bit between the two different setups lol

Mine is just a plain Zeda80 that Ive been doing some work on. Ive widened the intake and exhaust ports, ive enlarged and squared up the intake port to match the Oz Reed valve I will be running. I also smoothed out the ports as best as I could and knifed the transfer passage at the crank case. I also got a 7.0cc Stage 2 Fred head I will be using along with MZ65 exhaust and Windowed piston I am waiting on from Zeda. Only thing left for me is to pick up an aftermarket CDI as I want to tune it some. I also have to still get a Mikuni VM18 carb.

sweet i was thinking bout switching my reed out to carbonfiber but im not sure yet neither of these engines of mine have been started up yet lol so im still on the fences on how theyll act

Back