Exhaust Expansion

thanks, bit i still dont understand it, the loss of compression changed my mind on the whole thing...

thanks fo the link, ill look more into it later :D

jon

I ran an expansion chamber on my Grube 49cc. on the Stingray that I rode to Galeburg. Going "on the pipe" occured at about 38 mph. and felt like a pulsing thrumming that would push me up to 44 mph. But vibrations are crazy at that speed.

Did somebody say tuned expansion chamber? Heh heh....I will work on a nicer header pipe but still experimenting a little....works great tho!
Andrew

Attachments

• DSC03168.JPG
    DSC03168.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 277
HA!...No not a plumber but it was the only thing I could use to get the lengths right and still not interfere with anything..I tried muffler shops etc...to make the custom pipe but the couldn't bend something that small...I am going to experiment a little more (vary the header lengths)....Once I get something that is as close to right as possible I will send the hole pipe setup to a shop in CA to have a nice header pipe made....Actually the galvanzed fittings might outlast the rest of the bike....they are heavy walled!
Andrew

Back