Exhaust for GXH50

Yes I've run my bike with a straight through pipe which I can do by simply removing the silencer from the long downpipe. It sounds like a sporty tractor and exceeds permissable noise levels and power is actually considerably less. Don't even bother trying it cos it's a no brainer. I once did the same on a Suzuki GS 750 by removing the silencer and it lost 30 - 40% power but if I twiddled the timing I could make it spew flames out the end of the pipe like a WW2 Spitfire engine and that looked good at night but it was just for a 5 minute trial and a bit of a joke. The only way to get more power from the Honda GXH50 is to diet really seriously.
"diet really seriously"....sounds about right to me.
I've got a system on my Yamaha XT600 Motorbike called P.O.S.A(Pillion Overload Sensory Alert)...........if any fat chicks try to get on the back it won't start. ;)

Pipes

The only way to get more power from the Honda GXH50 is to diet really seriously.

How did you know that - are you stalking me!

Ok so the straight out pipe didn't work even though you tweaked it.

I guess I'll just use the standard one.

gygt.

The long motorbike type silencer is very good and if you drill another hole the size of the existing outlet it makes a really good 4-stroke sound - especially with the Honda. There is no difference in power but the extra hole sounds louder. With the short pipe I wouldn't drill any extra hole because it would make it noisy and not any more powerfull. The short pipe has a baffle but the long pipe has none. The long pipe prevents you having a pannier bag on the left side because it gets hot. I like the long pipe and I also like the short pipe just as much because it is quiet and efficient. Holding the long silencer onto the bottom of the seat stays requires a couple of extra s'steel hose clips.
If you put an oxycetelene torch onto the downpipe until it ripples you can get a high pitched 4-stroke racing engine sound like in the Honda TV adverts but after a while it begins to annoy yourself almost as much as your neighbours. You can change the speed of the throttle response by playing with the exhaust but you won't get any extra power. If the stock exhaust didn't look so naf I'd use it because it sounds really quiet but people might laugh at me! They'd only get to laugh once mind you!

Hey John,, can you help me I own a HONDA GXH 50

$-stroke confusion

Hi Guys, this I know a little about.

MOST exhaust on single cylinder 4-strokes is the size, or larger than, the exhaust valve, tho usually larger.

Hey Mike,, I need you to help me with EXHAUST SYSTEMS for my Honda

HS/JL pipe for kit is oversized 2-stroke pipe has 2 long tubes inside like all the China-Fires do.

HS/JL long pipe, have not tried it for sound yet, empty inside large muffler can, still has 2-stroke stinger on it.

Honda Box muffler, amazingly quiet, seems to have little to no restriction, could have tail-pipe stuck on it if someone wanted a really quiet bike, great performance (Factory tuned)

EZ Motorbike brand EX-Pipe: this is a flexable exhaust, capable of being routed where needed on most any bike. Performance: no discernable loss from the stock tuned box, still starts as easy, winds up, and performs the same BUT now has a cool "Motorcycle" sound, in addition to moving the exhaust dump to the rear tire (on my bike). I chose the 1" ID system, tho the smaller pipe will go onto your stock header pipe (if you cut off the muffler).

So far my favorite, for ease of assembly, sound, and overall performance is the EZ-Pipe.

mike

Back