Exhaust gasket material

DieselTech

Local time
3:15 PM
I found this exhaust gasket material I'm going to try in time, when I get to that point of this adventure.
20210920_122201.jpg

Looks like good stuff. Is that the 6.5 x 11 inch sheet? Kind of expensive, but could be worth it. Let us know how it works out.

I will let you know how it works out, when I get to that point. Lol its prolly overkill for a CG.

I found this exhaust gasket material I'm going to try in time, when I get to that point of this adventure.View attachment 158147

Graphite is high temp and soft so it seals great Makes great exhaust gaskets

I use Felpro Graphite exhaust gasket material with the steel mesh center
But it's a little more involved to cut out than just using a razor knife.

Yeah I looked for that gasket material, but couldn't find any, as that's what I normally use. So I purchased that remflex instead at twice the cost of mr.gasket material of course.

This is what i use for my exhaust gaskets...its a Toyota Highlander O2 sensor gasket that works beautifully for a CG 40mm exhaust gasket...DAMIEN

EDIT...Seems i have fat fingers on the keyboard...I originally wrote 50mm when it should have said 40mm for the exhaust stud/bolt placement for this exhaust gasket...I have changed it to the correct size...lol.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Ok everybody just wanted to update you on my experiences with that remflex exhaust gasket material. Personally I'm liking it alot, thought it might be tough to work with, but it's not if you got gasket hole punches & follow the directions. I've taken my exhaust off on 3 separate occasions & was able to reuse old gasket everytime without tearing apart or leaking after each remove & install & that I really like.

Ok everybody just wanted to update you on my experiences with that remflex exhaust gasket material. Personally I'm liking it alot, thought it might be tough to work with, but it's not if you got gasket hole punches & follow the directions. I've taken my exhaust off on 3 separate occasions & was able to reuse old gasket everytime without tearing apart or leaking after each remove & install & that I really like.
I have about 200 exhaust gaskets and about the same in intake. Lol. Its base gaskets i am picky about. Lol. Idc the thickness on exhaust or intake, but means a whole lot on base gaskets. Because the base gaskets are so crappy sometimes, it's why I am buying from the gasket man here. Plus I like helping support business adventures a little, in the MB community.

Good to know the gasket holds up. Might try some out.

Do you have a picture of the material itself?

Back