Exhaust kits for small engines

Porkchop

Local time
1:26 PM
Hi all !
I searched but did not find. I'm thinking seriously of buying a friction drive kit from Bikemotorparts.com. One of the recommended engines is from a gssoline powered auger from HarborFreight. I have that engine already. Does anyone know if there is an add on exhaust pipe/muffler kit for these small engines ? If so, please tell. Also, how about a different intake with like a cone filter. I don't know to much about that engine yet. I just took it out of the box 2 days ago and removed the auger portion from it. It looks almost identical to some of the other engines on Bikemotorparts web site.
Thanks !

..... PC .....

Thanks Fetor. IMO the TLE43 is not conducive to intake or exhaust mods due to the strato charging system and fixed jet carb. As to the Chinese clone, I would assume that the induction is a straight piston port, carb may or may not have adjustable jets. Mods may be possible but if it were me, I would stick with the stock engine.
Two stroke mods are tricky without the correctly engineered parts and I would think they would be hard to come by for this engine. With a 52cc engine, torque should be adequate, especially with a friction drive. It will, in all likelihood, make a fine riding machine just as it is.

Porkchop, if your engine is identical to my Mitsubishi 43cc, you have a few options.

Check your carburetor first. If it's the dual-port model with no adjustable settings except idle speed, your engine might run lean with exhaust changes.

One exhaust option is to just remove the flame arrestor in the stock muffler. Second is the "X-Can" aluminum exhaust. Another choice is to adapt the ADA S1 expansion pipe from davesmotors.com.

The ADA pipe's exhaust manifold wouldn't slip onto my engine. I purchased the Trevor Simpson exhaust flange that fits the wider GP460/G62 engine ports. After a few minutes elongating the bolt holes, the flange bolted onto the Mitsubishi engine's export port.

The ADA pipe's mounting bracket wouldn't clear the engine's top cover, so it had to be sawed off. Then after snipping off the muffler cover's top two slats, the pipe slipped onto the engine.

The ADA pipe clears the Staton friction drive, but won't fit the Staton chain gear box.

BTW, I just ordered the BMP friction drive kit. The GP460 should bolt onto it.

Thanks for the replies. Let me be a little more specific. I'm looking for an exhaust system or something to reduce noise, and to direct the exhaust flow a little further away from me, not a performance enhancement. I have never started the engine, so i don't really know how it sounds. Like any other little weed trimmer or chain saw I imangine ! Will it be O.K. to just attach a straight pipe to the existing muffler just to redirect the exhaust in a different direction ? Thanks again !

..... PC .....

The engine will be on the left side of the bike with the muffler away from the rider. Don't know about your clone but the TLE43 is about the quietest engine I've tried.

I have never started the engine, so i don't really know how it sounds. Like any other little weed trimmer or chain saw I imangine !

.....and then some.

IIRC that engine is 52cc. It's gonna be loud, most weed whackers are 25 to 35cc.

The engine will be on the left side of the bike with the muffler away from the rider. Don't know about your clone but the TLE43 is about the quietest engine I've tried.

If you got to bikemotorparts.com, click on engine info, then scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see the engine I'm talking about. It looks very similar to the Mitsubishi you mentioned.
Thanks !

Back