Exhaust Manifold- Make Custom Exhaust- Where to buy?

I found a source for the standard mufflers cheap. Ordered 5 of them to do some experimenting.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Yeah that way you got your exhaust flange, & you got the muffler body to use as a muffler or a exhaust tip/tailpipe.

Before you go welding her up, trace the old one onto a piece of steel in the 3/16 thickness range, just incase.
I don't have a welder and no welding skills if I did. I am going to cut the flange off of a cheap muffler an inch up the pipe and use flexible pipe and clamps and play around with some custom exhaust systems. In the meantime, I bent the stock muffler and it clears the CNC mount and the pedals now. Thanks for all the tips here.

I don't have a welder and no welding skills if I did. I am going to cut the flange off of a cheap muffler an inch up the pipe and use flexible pipe and clamps and play around with some custom exhaust systems. In the meantime, I bent the stock muffler and it clears the CNC mount and the pedals now. Thanks for all the tips here.
Just so you know the options there. You can pick up a flux core welder for $140 and up. Just need a regular 20 amp outlet to plug into. Great tool and doesn't take long to get good enough welds.

Just so you know the options there. You can pick up a flux core welder for $140 and up. Just need a regular 20 amp outlet to plug into. Great tool and doesn't take long to get good enough welds.
You can get a stick welder for less than 90 bucks.

Back