Exhaust mod = performance boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
louder

http://i48.tinypic.com/rwtix4.jpg

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=248159&postcount=15

Tried to edit but too late it seems.
This is the one mod that has improved performance the most for my bike thus far. The other mods helped a lot but this one changed the whole personality of my bike. In fact,it's so powerful now that it can breathe,it pulls so much that I'm truly wishing for some gears. Maybe in the winter I'll splurge for that 36 toother cause I know it can handle it. I wonder though if bikers on the trail will frown more,cause it's definetly louder.
But louder means manlier har har har har!!!!

How did you reference the plug?

How did you find which NGK plug to use? NGK plugs should be commonly available at lawn mower shops and have seemed to work well for my lawn equipment.

The instructions on my kit warned that changing to a different plug might cause overheating or not give hard enough sparking.

the first mod i did was about spark...shortened the stock plug-cable, wrapped it all up in electrical tape, after break-in i bought a new ngk plug, i've never doubted my spark, it's ready to burn more, no problem :devilish:

41_Mvc278f_1.jpg

Why use castor oil if it plugs your mufflers?

Why would you use castor oil, and where do you buy it?

Why not use conventional gas and 2st oil, maybe with some small amount of additive like Lucas Upper Cyclinder Lubricant?

A good way to clean the tar from the muffler is to soak it in antifreeze in a crock pot set on low over night. Make sure it is outside because the fumes are toxic, and also, don't use the crock pot to cook food in ever again. They sell cheap crock pots at walmart for just a few bucks.

I also fly RC models and our engines get really dirty like the mufflers if we use fuel with castor oil, and the antifreeze in a crock pot reall cleans them.

I cut 70 percent off of my exhaust with a eletric saw. It now only has one pipe and an eco chamber. I noticed low end its a new machine and on grass it pulls too fast before it would struggle and need gas. But the top end is definitly leaning out. The spark plug was lean as hell. Like chalk . so i went nuts and bought a size 120 and 124 jet on ebay. I hope my exhaust setup will compensate for the giagantic jet coming in. I also have a million holes in my airbox

Best is to buy a kx85 pipe from use allready welded $200 shipped bolt on and hold on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back