Exhaust Exhaust modifications

T

try1897

I went to that Dacs? site??? Anyway there was an article about modifications to the exaust pipe. Sooooo I took it apart and cut off the baffel tube. They said you could drill holes in it or just cut it off. As I'm one never to do something half a** I cut the sucker clean off. Its an 80cc by the way. The thing is just mildly louder but has a little more of a throaty kind of sound(better)but as far as I can tell the HP did improve some . I'd say 1/2 to 1 HP if I had to guess. I don't expect it will be on the dino any time soon so you'll have to take my word for it........ Tom in W.V.

I just took it out for another ride and it is definetly faster and pulls the hills better. Much improved. Next thing is to improve on the intake. I think a better air filter is in order as well as to polish the intake man. tube (on the inside) for better flow. It can't hurt..... Tom inW.V.

Just dont get pulled over by a cop for driving something thats too loud or something thats not road legal. 80cc's is pushing it.

JIM

Jimbo the cc is not on the motor anywhere so if anyone asks you have a 48cc the only difference when they are side by side is the size of the head.

I drilled 2 holes in my muffler and it worked great but after 1000 miles I have to take it apart again and clean it .

PS one of the local cops clocked me at 56mph but I think his radar gun was off he did not give me a ticket because I was on a bike and the judge would not beleve it :)

Cookie

This is still somethig good to do, right?

After the last post being in 2006, is this still considered a good idea for anyone considering?

(with the exaust pipe, and the taking it apart, and the drilling and cutting)

Last edited:
Go for it!

Cut away.
I cut mine too short amd did not like the noise.
I installed a homemade moose can muffler with an aluminum screen baffle . A 1 and 1/2 inch exhaust pipe 90 jammed on the end of the stock muffler, then using a tapping screw to attach the whole thing together. Finally wad a piece of aluminum screen into the end of the 90. I used a long bolt ad a baffle holder and a muffler hanger.

Sounds nice lots more zip up hill.
No peddling up some hills.

Does anyone have a link to some proper instructions on the exhaust mod?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a link to some proper instructions on the exhaust mod?

Heres the most in depth source I've found, its about a third down the page titled muffler modifications. This page is a great link for modifications to make your ride even easier!
Fastboy

Heres the most in depth source I've found, its about a third down the page titled muffler modifications. This page is a great link for modifications to make your ride even easier!
Fastboy

:confused:
do you have a direct link to the pages you're referring to?

Back