Exhaust/Muffler mounting issues

Carbs can be canted slightly without affecting fueling. Go far enough at an angle and the float height needs to be adjusted to correct the fuel level, or it will have strange fueling issues due to the float hanging up. Vertical is obviously ideal.

You could attempt to heat and bend the fuel pipe on the carb in. Even if it gets kinked slightly it shouldn't affect it at all. The inlet is relatively huge compared to the orifice on the needle seat for the float.

As for the clone expansion chamber being loud. Yep! It's basically a resonance chamber with no baffles or other sound reducing devices. I have seen guys cut off a stock muffler and put it on the end. There are also very affordable mufflers a lot of guys use that can be cut down to size very easily if needed or desired.
This one.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Carbs can be canted slightly without affecting fueling. Go far enough at an angle and the float height needs to be adjusted to correct the fuel level, or it will have strange fueling issues due to the float hanging up. Vertical is obviously ideal.

You could attempt to heat and bend the fuel pipe on the carb in. Even if it gets kinked slightly it shouldn't affect it at all. The inlet is relatively huge compared to the orifice on the needle seat for the float.

As for the clone expansion chamber being loud. Yep! It's basically a resonance chamber with no baffles or other sound reducing devices. I have seem guys cut off a stock muffler and put it on the end. There are also very affordable mufflers a lot of guys use that can be cut down to size very easily if needed or desired.
This one.
Ha ha, muffy cost more than the pipe.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Don't try to bend the pipe on your bike, it could crack the cylinder.

If you elongate the holes in the mounting flange just a tiny bit, that will be enough to get to clear your pedal. Use a round file and file the bottom of the left side and the top right side.

How's the left side pedal clearance? Can the pipe even go to the left any and still have it clear the pedal on that side?
Left side has no issues. Got it apart working on it now. Have the file and the gasket. Will see if I can get it better adjusted for the pedal.
Then it will probably be off on the side mount on the clutch cover, but I will deal with that then. Thanks.. John

I will have to try it out and see how it runs once I get this crank clearance issue minimized. I was concerned about the float not being level, but I didn't need to tilt it too far. I could turn the fuel pipe some (like 90 degrees), but I'm not sure that would do much. Thanks John

Sorry, read the link wrong. 🙁
No biggie. I was confused at first and thought I read something wrong lol.
I will have to try it out and see how it runs once I get this crank clearance issue minimized. I was concerned about the float not being level, but I didn't need to tilt it too far. I could turn the fuel pipe some (like 90 degrees), but I'm not sure that would do much. Thanks John
It's always a good idea to do things one at a time. If you are really concerned about the heat being close to the fuel hose you could always wrap some thermal barrier tape around the hose, or wrap the pipe with some header wrap as well.

If one is "speaking in tongues" the bible says there also must be an interpreter...lol...lol...This is totally NOT understandable to the average person...Please translate what is "I g" for the rest of us who have zero clue what this means so I don't have to delete the post as something that makes no sense to me or many others...lol.

I'm a strong believer in self clearance, so you're pedal issue will eventually go away. As for the carburetor, as long as it gets fuel to your engine and it runs the same it should be just fine.

Back