Exhaust Exhaust oil

JimKamenidis

Local time
1:41 AM
Is it bad that my exhaust is dripping oil..?
I tried to seal it as much as I could but I think it may be caused by high-fuek mixture?

where is it dripping? what are you trying to seal???? what mixture are you running and have you messed with the e clip. I cant really diagnose this without more info. thanks

My exhaust was from stock in 3 pieces, the header, the main pipe, and the baffle..
And black oil is dripping out from where these 3 pieces connect and I tried to seal these connection with heat durable tape.
(I haven't messed with anything else because the engine is quite new)
Do you want more details?

(By the way I think my engine is running pretty smoothly and I am still during break-in, that's why I am wondering if this is a real problem or not)

Well as long as the bolt is tight it should not be leaking. what mix are you running? if you went by the instructions, your running rich. you might want to move the e clip to a leaner setting too. look uo carb adjustment or e clip settings. I have heard of oil dripping from the exit/sting but not at the seams. thats new for me, maybe someone else can comment on this?

I have oil coming out of the exhaust, no mater how much I tighten it. Also, oil on the head, cause I have so much compression, I have to loosen the spark plug to turn it over and start it.
If you have oil coming out here and there, and the plug looks like a sand color. It's a good thing! You know it's not running lean. Just clean up the mess from it, now and then.
I pulled off the header after 250 miles, and drained about 1/4 oz. of oil out of it. And the plug looks sand colored. So I know the motor is getting lube! -- Synthetic oil.
Shorty

What do you mean "by the instructions" ?
When I got the engine everything was already put together.
And anyway if let's say I am running rich wouldn't there be sideffects like 4-stroking etc. ?

I have oil coming out of the exhaust, no mater how much I tighten it. Also, oil on the head, cause I have so much compression, I have to loosen the spark plug to turn it over and start it.
If you have oil coming out here and there, and the plug looks like a sand color. It's a good thing! You know it's not running lean. Just clean up the mess from it, now and then.
I pulled off the header after 250 miles, and drained about 1/4 oz. of oil out of it. And the plug looks sand colored. So I know the motor is getting lube! -- Synthetic oil.
Shorty

Haven't you tried sealing it or something like I did? Because where oil can come out air can too and that might be bad for the engine! try loctite or wrapping it around with durable tape or something.
castrol tts only haha, one step away from racing class
(quite pricy though at 18euros per litre here in Greece!)

Last edited:
It's so little, I don't worry about it. It's a little oil color every 2 weeks or so.
Shorty

Back