Exhaust pipe

Jakes66cc

Local time
7:53 PM
Hey guys,
Today I ‘ modified’ my bike with this homemade exhaust pipe extension. I believe it is called combiflex and it is made from stainless steel.
ED3F3A24-4FCE-4A0C-BBF7-980F3E481E0F.jpeg

A friend of mine said that i should try to make as few bends on the pipe as possible, as otherwise it might have negative impact on the engine’s performance.
On his bike, he’s done it like this and says this way the engine’s power is the same it was before extending the pipe.
6B3C660D-7A7A-4EAD-B67D-48D119148774.jpeg

Is he right? Will it affect performance anyhow if i bend it too much?
Thanks in advance, Jake.

Hey guys,
Today I ‘ modified’ my bike with this homemade exhaust pipe extension. I believe it is called combiflex and it is made from stainless steel.View attachment 104149
A friend of mine said that i should try to make as few bends on the pipe as possible, as otherwise it might have negative impact on the engine’s performance.
On his bike, he’s done it like this and says this way the engine’s power is the same it was before extending the pipe.
View attachment 104150
Is he right? Will it affect performance anyhow if i bend it too much?
Thanks in advance, Jake.
Nope, that won't affect performance at all. Bends have to be pretty extreme to affect performance.

Even the bend that the chain is going around the drive sprocket inside your engine would probably be fine.

You're good to go 👍. Nice job by the way!

Nope, that won't affect performance at all. Bends have to be pretty extreme to affect performance.

Even the bend that the chain is going around the drive sprocket inside your engine would probably be fine.

You're good to go 👍. Nice job by the way

You're good to go 👍. Nice job by the way!
Alright, I’m glad. Thanks a lot!!

Back