Exhaust that is more durable than stock

kmarcetjr

Local time
8:38 PM
So I've been riding my MB for a little over a month now. And it seems like the ehaust where the pipe is welded to the muffle has broken. Seems pretty fast to have something like that go bad. I guess these little 2 strokes vibrate a lot. I used a clamp from the muffler to the frame so its not that it's just hanging there waiting to break. So is there am aftermarket exhuast that isn't a tuned pipe that is more durable than the original?

So I've been riding my MB for a little over a month now. And it seems like the ehaust where the pipe is welded to the muffle has broken. Seems pretty fast to have something like that go bad. I guess these little 2 strokes vibrate a lot. I used a clamp from the muffler to the frame so its not that it's just hanging there waiting to break. So is there am aftermarket exhuast that isn't a tuned pipe that is more durable than the original?
I'm going to say no, but only because it's probably close to true that they are all made in the same factory. Picture of your break?

Yeah I'll try to attch a pic.
Looks like I could get some MAPP gas and braze it back together.
exhaust.jpg

Yeah I'll try to attch a pic.
Looks like I could get some MAPP gas and braze it back together.
View attachment 77032
that's a lot of metal to keep warm... Might be slightly better to get somebody with a tig or something to seal it if you're that desperate, I don't think it's bad enough to warrant any repairs but do what you think you need to do, just be careful trying to braze that chrome, when it gets turned into a gas it can kill you

that's a lot of metal to keep warm... Might be slightly better to get somebody with a tig or something to seal it if you're that desperate, I don't think it's bad enough to warrant any repairs but do what you think you need to do, just be careful trying to braze that chrome, when it gets turned into a gas it can kill you

Well I've got bigger issues than a muffler weld. :(

Back