exhaust tips/advice/longevity

Toby woodman

Local time
6:20 PM
I have heard about people removing the end cap from the stock exhaust and gaining more power. anyone who has done this, did you have to make any modifications to the carb,engine etc... before you did the mod. has anyone had any experience with aftermarket exhausts, did you have to modify anything to make them work. any advice is welcome

I have heard about people removing the end cap from the stock exhaust and gaining more power. anyone who has done this, did you have to make any modifications to the carb,engine etc... before you did the mod. has anyone had any experience with aftermarket exhausts, did you have to modify anything to make them work. any advice is welcome
Don't do it. You MAY gain some top end power, but you will go deaf, lose fuel efficiency, and feel a loss in torque at lower rpm.

The better method is to drill an extra hole or 2 in the end cap, or shorten the internal baffle tube, or both in order to get the desired results

thanks. I have heard that removing the cap can also cause the motor to run too lean without changing the jet size which can cause engine damage

Back