Exhuast Leakage.

lildeezul

Local time
4:43 AM
hi everyone.. I dont know but for some reason, when i turn on my bike, black oil (i guess un burnt fuel ) is sputtering out the exhuast. Not near the manifold, but near the muffler tip, and the bolt ....
the bolt it tight on there and snug. Also i have a new sparkplug in, and had the needle clip at the stock position, and the plug was a light grey, so i lower the clip to allow more fuel.. its on the 3rd position from the top.
I dont know why its doing that.

the recent modification i have done is get a better inline fuel filter from O'reilys auto parts. and it put it on where the arrow points at the carb, but it would cutoff like gas wasnt getting through ( but i could see gas fill up in the line) then i made the arrow point upwards, and everything was good.
also i used i think 6 or 7 oz , i dont remember of oil to 1 gallon of gas.

idk, but its a problem i got to fix.
please help

oh yeah. also i did notice the exhuast is blowing white smoke, which it didnt before

Anytime we see big differences in color of exhaust -- SOMETHING IS GOING ON -- we need to check it out ASAP.. I wonder if your engine is now - due to oil mixture or other problem - shot out ?? Please let us know - what you find.. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

hi everyone.. I dont know but for some reason, when i turn on my bike, black oil (i guess un burnt fuel ) is sputtering out the exhuast. Not near the manifold, but near the muffler tip, and the bolt ....
the bolt it tight on there and snug. Also i have a new sparkplug in, and had the needle clip at the stock position, and the plug was a light grey, so i lower the clip to allow more fuel.. its on the 3rd position from the top.
I dont know why its doing that.

the recent modification i have done is get a better inline fuel filter from O'reilys auto parts. and it put it on where the arrow points at the carb, but it would cutoff like gas wasnt getting through ( but i could see gas fill up in the line) then i made the arrow point upwards, and everything was good.
also i used i think 6 or 7 oz , i dont remember of oil to 1 gallon of gas.

idk, but its a problem i got to fix.
please help
Please realize you have a 2 stroke Motor NOT a four stroke.
If a four stroke shows Smoke you may have a problem as the motor is design to be lubricated with a independent oiling system.
On your 2 stroke the Lubrication system is dependent on your Oil to Gas ratio.
Seeing smoke is usually a sign of a rich Mixture.( oil mixture to gas is being favored by oil).
Not a bad thing but the engines performance may be cut back Or a spark plug may foul or you may see some smoke coming from the exhaust with a possibility of A bit oily By product dripping as well.
You may wish to check to see if ALL your Gaskets are all good and Properly Tightened Including the head Gasket.
Next time you Mix your gas keep all this in mind as your pouring in the oil.

cheers

Bob:)

BlueCollarBike

thats what it probably is. I think my mixture contains a little to much oil.

once i run out of gas, i will take that into consideration.
or should i change gas/oil now.

thats what it probably is. I think my mixture contains a little to much oil.

once i run out of gas, i will take that into consideration.
or should i change gas/oil now.

If you asking for my personal opinion.
If the bike is running and keeping a good idol.
Knowing in the back of my mind the Mixture may be a tad too rich I would operate with caution and run the bike until all Fuel is Gone.
Then Remix And try again.
The decision is totally up to you.

Cheers

And good luck

Bob

BlueCollarBike

Back