Expansion chamber built from two steel funnels and a food grade can?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local time
1:02 AM
Hey just popping in was wandering if a stick welded set of funnels and a steel food can would make a great expansion chamber?

Walmart sells steel funnels for 3.93 a pair and I suppose I can eat something from under my cabinet for the center piece or buy a cone shaped tin from a stove vent from Lowe's or something could possibly end up gutting my stock muffler and threading the outer diameter to make a screw on expansion chamber at the lower end of the pipe with the cap off.

Go to a scrap yard that will sell you metal, you'll find not only the RIGHT METAL FOR A MUFFLER BUT ALSO FOR LIKE 50 CENT OMG!!!!

Seriously though, scrap yards also have dead bikes, lots of 2 strokes too, they often come with expanexpa chambers that are approximately the same, or at the very least can be butchered for their cones and other muffler metal.

Go to a scrap yard that will sell you metal, you'll find not only the RIGHT METAL FOR A MUFFLER BUT ALSO FOR LIKE 50 CENT OMG!!!!

Seriously though, scrap yards also have dead bikes, lots of 2 strokes too, they often come with expanexpa chambers that are approximately the same, or at the very least can be butchered for their cones and other muffler metal.
I have been eyeing up my bunk bed frame, has some nice bends, lol. o_O It might be too thick and heavy though, idk..

Yeah WA not so famous for bikes in j yards.

The last scrap bike yards been removed from my local area, bent bike =dead in auburn last place is in lynwood if I am correct.

These penny hogs over here since the scrap rate crashed 3 years ago not sure about now though....

If aluminum can rate drops you know it's screwed for scrap rate. Moped scooters etc usually get crashes and don't get sold for parts yet only sold whole.

Even the non bike yards still get bikes, and they get enough steel so cheap they can pass on the bargain, all you have to do is look around a bit and find some parts that match. You might spend as much as 2 dollars on metal but it will be well worth it! They get so many muffler bits, and just cut a V out of a section and hammer it till it meets and has a cone shape, all made from a simple tube. 3 inch pipe and a good whacking hammer does well.

Even the non bike yards still get bikes, and they get enough steel so cheap they can pass on the bargain, all you have to do is look around a bit and find some parts that match. You might spend as much as 2 dollars on metal but it will be well worth it! They get so many muffler bits, and just cut a V out of a section and hammer it till it meets and has a cone shape, all made from a simple tube. 3 inch pipe and a good whacking hammer does well.

Something's getting cut up this summer need custom bike nothing like anything else even if a person could find an old oil barrel take and cut that to where it's just enough space and consider the bike a giant gas tank.

Like I was saying its all about making something that no one has therefore making it a unique piece that no one has on the sales market.

I tell ya the moment I move away from this turd apartment I'm investing into a new man cave specially for just my projects only.

"No sharing nothing."

My area, my space, my s**t, pretty much what I feel like today and so forth I do not wish to keep sharing or getting gutted of my work area as always.

Also plan on opening a separate bank acc cause I'm at that point in life as we spoked about...... to many fools and girls walking round for my taste. Maybe a cargo trailer enclosed sounds good.

Well at 1500 a month I know you could just move, I know you can get something very decent for just 1200 and even 1000 dollars a month, you already pay utilities so what, just move to a nice side of town spend around 300 dollars less than what you are now, that gives you an extra 125 dollars a month more to spend on your bike, after the wife gets her half of course.;)

Well at 1500 a month I know you could just move, I know you can get something very decent for just 1200 and even 1000 dollars a month, you already pay utilities so what, just move to a nice side of town spend around 300 dollars less than what you are now, that gives you an extra 125 dollars a month more to spend on your bike, after the wife gets her half of course.;)

WA rent = lie arm and a leg is the asking price these days but it's cool trying to sell this bike paying for a kit if the first works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back