Expansion Chamber possible?

You can use fiber reinforced silicone tube with hose clamps for your tests so you don't have to weld it every time. I know I will be buying one as soon as I get my moto-bike complete.

Does anyone know where to get the reinforced silicone tube and also are there any other hoses that can be used on the exhaust?
Thanks

Yes....Not only are they possible...BUT MAN the POWER!!!....Took awhile for me to build this one for the Dax 70 (actually the chamber/silencer are production pieces but the lead in / header had to be custom fabbed for correct length....
Deathe Race here I come! ;-)...I hope the pic works....
Andrew

Oops pic did not work...I will try again...

Attachments

• DSC03168.JPG
    DSC03168.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 334
Whew....worked that time...File was too large to start with...But anyways, the long header
helps the low end torque a lot....I am running a 36T on this bike and it pulls Bellview Ave (a steep street)...WAY WAY better than stock....Also can do some engine only starts from a standstill (no pedaling)....Wow what a difference....I'll have to look into jetting tho...seems to peter out around 40 or so....Hmmmm (just kidding to know for sure...I'll have to re hook the speedo up cause the magnet flew off after earlier testing)
Andrew

hopefully, you will clean up the piping a little ?
looks rather bulky right now, but you are getting it done finally (I've been waiting for more about it)
I did notice you aren't running one of your own sprockets :LOL: :)

HI AZ,

Heh heh....you caught me with that sprocket thing.....Those 9 hole mounts frustrate me sooo much when trying to get the sprocket perfectly aligned that I didn't even attempt to change the old one out!

Yes, the pipes are a little clunky but nobody local could custom bend the pipe to fit....Had to get the header length long enough for tuning purposes....seems pretty good now but could experiment more....Been thinking about making a dyno for more accurate
tuning....I am going to try to get a custom header pipe made but had to get the prototype done first...If there ends up being enough interest maybe I can add that to the sprockets! ;-)
Andrew

Andy, Could you use some of that flex pipe they sell for automotive exhaust? I've seen it in diameters under 2", but I'm not sure how easy it would be to get, or if it would bend enough, etc.

Hi Alaska,

Thanks for the idea....I had looked locally at the auto stores (Pep Boys, Advance Auto Etc...) for a flexible exhaust pipe....The smallest diameter I could find was I think 2 inches...I also saw a 1 1/2 inch flex pipe but neither pipe could be bent at a tight enough radius to make it all fit....I thought about using electrical conduit (EMP or was it EMT pipe and bending it...even bought the tube bender but the radius was not tight enough still....a hydraulic shop tried to bend this electrical conduit but it kinks at tight bends).....Finally I figured I could go to a muffler shop to see it that would work but the smallest they could bend was 1 1/2 inches....I have't done it yet but the one option that will work (other than the plumbing pipe method) is to have a local hydraulic shop bend me some hydraulic pipe (like they use on heavy equipment) this would work the owner assured me and even showed me some very tight bends he made on similar tubing but since I was primarily working on a prototype to get the lengths right I didn't opt for the added cost of having them bend me up the pipe....Ultimately, if I get the pipe just right...I will probably have the whole assembly shipped to a shop in CA to have the header pipe made....that shop is a manufacturing facility that could keep the dimensions on file to make copies of it should there be enough interest here or elsewhere for a tuned pipe....Really could use a dyno tho!
Andrew

Back