Break In Expansion chamber while breaking in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakman

Local time
5:12 PM
Maybe a dumb question but would there be any reason not to attach an expansion chamber while breaking in.
I'm not expecting to gain any performance or tuning ability while it's still breaking in, just wanting to complete the bike quickly.

break in, so many theories but i like the one of giving them full throttle at full load for the first few seconds.

that gets the rings "broken in" to the cylinder nicely. you only get the first start to do this part! for this reason i wont turn an engine over after a rebuild til i start it. specially in cast iron bores.... which these ht's arent.

google "cylinder ring operation" say, and you may come to agree with my idea that using an expansion chamber, that increases combustion pressure, is actually a good thing to do at first :D

thats the way i see it.

then take it a bit easier for the first tank or two of 16:1 to let the bearings and gears wear off their burrs, then forever after go hard on whatever you decide as a final ratio... :D

break in, so many theories but i like the one of giving them full throttle at full load for the first few seconds.

that gets the rings "broken in" to the cylinder nicely. you only get the first start to do this part! for this reason i wont turn an engine over after a rebuild til i start it. specially in cast iron bores.... which these ht's arent.

I agree!

I do a similar procedure with every motorized vehicle that I break in. Full throttle with full load followed by closed throttle, repeatedly, in first minutes of working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back