Expansion chamber

I'm not saying capped off or at at 90°angle or nothing. I'm saying if your convergent cone was at 30° originally & you changed it to a say 55° angle, wouldn't that angle change on the convergent cone increase your return pulse speed to the cylinder.
Also affecting your rpm powerband range.

I'm not saying capped off or at at 90°angle or nothing. I'm saying if your convergent cone was at 30° originally & you changed it to a say 55° angle, wouldn't that angle change on the convergent cone increase your return pulse speed to the cylinder.
Oh, that was just an example. See post #47 ⬆️

A steeper convergent cone angle will make the wave return stronger and within a shorter rpm range like 2000rpm for example. A lesser will make it return a little weaker but over a larger rpm range like 4000.

Changing the overall length is what changes the rpm location of the powerband (when the pipe is operating).

So yeah of you make it longer, it will have more torque and if its shorter it will reach higher rpms.

When modding the pipe, extending/shortening the header is the easiest way to do this.

I am thinking a 55 degree angle would be pretty insane at like a 10 rpm spread. lol @DieselTech
Well I was just using random numbers in my post, I think you want your convergent cone at about 14°-20° angle. I need to do more reading on the whole expansion chambers design. I learned thou theres a trade off on what you want in a pipe.

I’m no expert but I found a longer head pipe helped low end torque on mine, I built several and 16” head pipe with the exact chamber design was best for low end, shorter head pipe for higher revs. I’m not running my home made one because it was kinda like the cdi I made, it looked like a piece from Sanford and son.

Back