Expansion pipe good or scam?

Yeah. Also know as the cdh66 or zeda88. Good pipe, made a big difference on my bike.
Uphill pulling it helped?
I'm looking to gain another mph or two going uphill lol

Doin pretty good already but in a 25mph hill zone i slow down to 21-22 and some of these people that are about to pass really don't pay any attention until i am knocking on their window :eek:

It picked up all around. For most people it is one of the best mods for the money. I didn't have to rejet but you may have to.

Do ya think it would be worth it to remove the small stinger tube off a SBP expansion chamber and put a larger diameter and
longer stinger on?

Well shoot, i probably need to go ahead and buy the bgf one :D

Thanks man!

Ride Safe! :)

HP

:) that's one for me, low-endy bcs the long header but bigger chamber than I have now. out of stock now tho...
[/QUOte please allow me to point you in the right direction ,1977mopeds.com In my opinion This is one of the best websites to find yourself an expansion chamber to customize .dont waste money on that chinese pieice of s**t they are selling it sucks .

Im not much of a fan of expansion chambers that are sold for these engines. That is because they arent designed for the extra long powerband that a single speed bike needs. That is why I designed my own. If you dont want to go that far just use a regular pipe but cut the header and weld in a 6 to 9 inch long pipe to make the header that much longer. That will increase the low RPM power without reducing high RPM power. Also an intake extension helps. Click on my link to go to my site which fully explains.

Do ya think it would be worth it to remove the small stinger tube off a SBP expansion chamber and put a larger diameter and
longer stinger on?

Well shoot, i probably need to go ahead and buy the bgf one :D

Thanks man!

Ride Safe! :)

HP

Might be going the wrong way.

These small motors like smaller stingers since it helps the returning pulse push fuel back into the chamber. I tested stock 20mm, 18mm, and 16mm stingers on my KX85 pipe and 16mm was the most performance all around. 20>18 was huge difference, 19-16 was smaller difference, I think 15mm would be perfect.

If you look at the crazy drag scooter builds in Asia they have huge chambers with tiny little small diameter stingers on their sub 100cc bikes. Note though that this is for a top end oriented bike, the the KX85 is already borderline too big for us so YMMV with a smaller chamber. Only real answer is to test different diameters and see what YOUR motor likes.

Back