Expansion pipe silencer.

Kelster66

Local time
4:37 PM
So I'm trying to come up with a good silencer for my Boost expansion pipe from Gasbike but not having any luck at all. Any suggestions or ideas?

So I'm trying to come up with a good silencer for my Boost expansion pipe from Gasbike but not having any luck at all. Any suggestions or ideas?
This is going on a Columbia Liberator project I will be starting next week.

I'm investigating banana pipe silencers sure they may may boost speeds at sea level but I live 4500' to 10,000 ft the air is thin cannot buildup the pipe gas reducing the back pressure causing compression death in the motor.
Got hunt down a local expert he knows.

Found this on ebay. Works perfect. Not too big. I'm at 7000 ft and no issues. https://www.ebay.com/itm/202083034824
muffler.jpg

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have the thrust expansion chamber. I use one of the beer can small engine mufflers with the 3/4 inch threads. I used some 3/4 inch copper tubing and a 3/4 female threaded x 3/4 sweat fitting to mount it to the pipe, its still fairly loud but better than no muffler at all.

So I finally got the silencer welded to the expansion pipe . Turned out great . Sounds great. Gained a little power on the bottom end and stayed the same on the top . Will post a video tomorrow so you can hear what it sounds like. It cut the sound about in half . It would be a great silencer for the F2 thrustmaster exhaust that Bikeberry sells though you would probably have to cut down the pipe a little bit otherwise it would be super long .
20171206_205726.jpg
20171206_205747.jpg

Back