Expecting more ............

It has B.Bottle,NGK plug (chocolate color) + wire,SBP expansion ch,new hardware,32:1 ratio,needle on second notch.

Runs ok, but only with 1/3 choke on. After matching both ports (Intake tube was round, jug was square but matched) , everything is about the same, but not quite as much power???

Yeah, there has to be something off?

It has B.Bottle,NGK plug (chocolate color) + wire,SBP expansion ch,new hardware,32:1 ratio,needle on second notch.

Runs ok, but only with 1/3 choke on. After matching both ports (Intake tube was round, jug was square but matched) , everything is about the same, but not quite as much power???

Yeah, there has to be something off?

Well yeah........no engine should need to be choked to run properly after it's warmed up. Something is wrong, bottom line. Has nothing to do with port matching and in all reality should have been fixed before you added any mods at all.

It has a boost bottle......get rid of that silly thing. Post some pictures. How is it connected? Kinda frustrating......

I'm really trying to help, but it's a bit difficult when important facts keep getting added. Plain and simple you probably have an air leak as stated more than once, by more than one person. AFTER the boost bottle and all possibilities of air leaks are eliminated, we will perhaps move to lack of fuel delivery.

48cc Skyhawk 26" MTB

Yes, I'll look again very close with my blue RTV for possiable leaks. Not good, but a couple of pictures.

TY, Glen

Attachments

• IMG_1008.jpg
    IMG_1008.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0939.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 185
Maybe just pinch off the boost bottle tube to test. Hope others can spot something in the pictures.

Stock fuel valve still bugs me and your plug wire looks stretched very tight.

Looks like you have a clean set up, so shouldn't be to hard to diagnose. Nice bike!

Thanks , that's the reason I went with the little 48cc. I wanted to stay legal even if I'm a little to big for it. See, last week I went on 19 mile ride. The bike averaged 19 mph.........top was about 34.8 on flat, zero wind, but only for a short bit. See, I always cruise around just high teens low twenties.

Glen

Ps-I know plug wire looks tight, but it's not. Just doesn't have any slack in it. lol, I read here, that it's better for CDI to take as much slack out as possiable for stronger spark? See, I always thought that as long as you have good contact, that it really didn't matter.

BUT? ? on that one;)

Attachments

• IMG_0941.jpg
    IMG_0941.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0942.jpg
    IMG_0942.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Plug wire being a little tight won't effect anything really - just commenting - looks like it's about to yank out of the CDI, that's all.

So you get to 35 with the it 1/3 choked. On a 49cc. That's not bad.

I would completely eliminate the boost bottle and see what happens.

Also, It's very easy just to inspect your needle.

Yes, I'll try that as well!

Yes, last week with temp right at 70' the SIGMA trip comp said 34.8. Uno, for a person my size, I really had a hard time believing that considering it's only 48cc???? I would say give or take low 30's.

I've really enjoyed talking with you. Hope that you don't mind if I put you on friends list? Can I ask name?

Today, while just working to try to find my air leak, I thought that maybe I'll do what you suggested. Ok, I'll void out B.Bottle, and will see......(Take it that you don't believe in this boost bottle stuff-or scam?....I would say probably a $$$$$ for someone of just plastic PVC?)..........(Just can't make up my mind on this?) But, uno, I've not read many people my size using a 48cc that can run at the speeds this heavy bike runs? I'm not out for speed only....Heck, it's a bike!~ THINK

... I'm not going to ride today do to it being pretty rough weather wise.

Also, spark plug gap is .028 on NGK B6

TY,
Glen

Last edited:
Heck no. My real name is Paul which of course is English for Pablo.

Same here - no good for riding today.

Awesome, that's true Paul......................

So, what did you think of last post?

Back