Expression of interest second South Aussie MBc run. Discussion thread.

Simon_A

Local time
2:49 AM
Northern Suburbs, Adelaide, South Australia
Hello everyone, well as one of the newest MB riders, I would like to meet the fellow South Aussie that are smart enough to own one of these blendings of the humble bicycle and the two stroke motor.

I though instead of starting a thread about us all meeting "here", and on "this day", lets discuss what days are good, and most importantly what days are bad, so we can formulate an idea of when we can all be free to meet, to get the maximum amount of members, and the greatest showing of these humble modes of transport.

Also an idea of where all of the members live and where would be a good staring/finishing point for the run. Also any specific stops or sights along the way.

So I will start, the next public holiday after the next weekend is the 6th of Oct. A bit far away. But one we could still earmark for a meeting, the brunt of winter will have passed us by then.

As far as weekends I prefer Sundays over Saturdays, but that doesnt mean Saturdays are totally out though.

Apart from that I am pretty casual as to the rest of the details. If the meeting place is too far from my place, bicycles are allowed on trains, so that is a easy way to move swiftly to the meeting place. If it was the same as the first run, I would just get the train to the city and ride from there, for example.

I would like us to put on a good showing for the greater good of MBc so a popular public place would be good to visit, say the coffee shop at the entrance of tea tree plaza. Just an example of a place that would generate a good deal of public awareness of the bikes. City and the bay would be another good run.

We have heaps of good places to go, and I could type pages of idea's but lets do it as a community and organise the next rally :):D:)

just a crazy thought...

i'd ride there to get away from the weather here at the moment.

40 hours at 40km/hr = 4,000 km

i think it would be more like 20 km/hr as you be forever getting
blown off the road by semis doing 130km/hr.

me...i prefer a 4 hour flight at 1,000 km/hr,
i'm only in this game cause i'm lazy :eek:

hey maybe we could have a national Oz MBC bike ride day.

just a crazy thought...

keen

hay ya im keen as for a ride day i only have sunday's avalible (work on saturday) i recon start at ttp and then go to town via the torrens trail then from town down to the bay .......????? would make a good day out

ride day

hay im ok to ride rain hail or shine it dont bother me one little bit but dont expect me out on a day with some nice wind around ill be at the park flying kites lol

ride day

hay for those that dont work during the first half of the week wanna catch up for a ride ????

just got my bike workin again lol i should get off my *** and take some pics but cant be stuffed yet its one of those works in progress bikes lol

hi all
I'm always in for a ride , weather permitting.
Bugga about the train, i was really hoping to do grange to city then to elizabeth, to hook up easily with some northern members.

Has any member here had train "problems" or is it transadelaide LAW regarding this ?

PM me about any rides, & I'll be with you.
Jase

Back