Extended HT Fuel Range.

Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by fetor56, Mar 26, 2008.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

For ppl going on an extended trip premix your oil with petrol(AKA,gas) in this hip flask and take it with u (premix to your own specs)
    It's then easier to tip this less concentrated oil/gas mixture in your fuel tank when your refueling.Remember to still shake your tank WELL.

BTW...it sayes "Happy 18th Birthday" cos all those ones were half-price. :)
    P1010047.JPG

MBC EDIT: THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2008

<
  2. Man I was thinking the exact same thing! But I was thinking more like have the gas with the correct premix so when you actually run out of gas,that bottle should be good for another...20 miles?
    But I like your idea. Imagine the looks when you pour that flask down your tank at the pumps.

3. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I got a large aluminum water bottle (camping) from ChinaMart and it works great! I bungie cord it to my frame for long rides.

4. Hey here's a nice little item. I bet it would fit in my tool pouch and it's apparantly safe for fuels.That would mean it won't be like a bomb and if I'm stopped I won't look like a terrorist holding a bomb in the eyes of the law!
    But then again...naw. At least it's written on the bottle. That should prevent you from getting shot. :grin:

http://www.****ssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2141451

(edit) HAHAHAHA!!!

The cuss word thing blocked the website.

It's d i c k s sportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2141451

That may be hard to fill at the pumps though.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2008
  5. Jim H

Jim H Guest

That's off topic Sparky!:shock:

6. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Hey Large, that looks exactly like a MRS bottle, only different color. I know a gas pump nozzle will JUST fit inside a MRS bottle, don't know about that one though.

7. I would actually need to go see it myself. It does look like it would just fit.
    But if your running a 2 stroke it wouldn't matter. I mix my fuel in a gallon container then pour it in my tank. I assume I would best pour the premix in that container too.

8. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Yeah. That price is hard to beat for a 20 fuel bottle. The MRS's are like 8 more.

9. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Thats idential to the aluminum camping water bottle I got from ChinaMart.

10. Cool. I guess as long as it's air tight it shouldn't be any different than one made for fuel.
    Do you have a link to the chinamart one?

11. use your 2 stroke bottle just keep one when its empty then do a halfy and mix it in the quart (2 stroke bottle)its only an ounce of displacement thats not heavy. Ive done this since I was just a youngster.

12. DakotaLynx

DakotaLynx New Member

Hey, I'm looking at making a fuel tank for mounting on a plate over the drive sprocket. Due to clearance issues, (aka: "Ow my heels keep whacking the gas tank!") I'm looking at using a 1 gallon lacquer thinner jug.
    My question is, how do you guys ventilate those aluminum drinking bottles to compensate for vacuum? The opening for the can is approx. 1 3/8" across. (Externally threaded of course.) Is there any nice vented gas caps that would fit on something that small? Or will I have to search for another solution?

~DakotaLynx