Fuel Mixture Extra HP

S

sherryc8641

Have you guys ever herd of mixing sterno in the gas mixture to increase the hp. Does it work? Is it worth it do it with a gas bike? I just mention it now since a while ago someone gave my mom that tip with her car to increase hp.

Not sure,

but I know you can buy NOS kits on
Ebay for bikes for under $20. . . .

The bike Blaze is currently working on will
be a three speed motor we are hoping to
reach speeds of 50-60MPH and that will
have NOS on it . . .
He's gonna make the pilot sign a waiver first,
HA HA HA AH AHAH AH AH AHHA HA
I can't wait till that day. . .

JaSoN

Nitromethane (racing fuel) is in model airplane fuel. It can double your HP but can rip engines apart too.

remember this...depending on your engine, it's likely your cylinder is only chrome-plated & prolly not very durable where additives and funky mixtures are concerned.

JFleck/Blaze: bring it on...i'll ride anything once :devilish:

sterno is nothing but denatured alcohol. The only way that using it to increse your power if your mixture was already too rich or you took advantage of alcohol's higher octane and increassed your compression ratio by milling the head.

So, in short, adding sterno to your fuel tank is not a good idea.

rcjunkie said:
sterno is nothing but denatured alcohol. The only way that using it to increse your power if your mixture was already too rich or you took advantage of alcohol's higher octane and increassed your compression ratio by milling the head.

So, in short, adding sterno to your fuel tank is not a good idea.

EXELLENT ANSWER!
To use alcohol as a fuel, you need to increase the size of your jets by about 3X. If you are running rich already, that's the expensive answer....add alcohol.

No fuel additive will really do anything to help....even octane booster.

Back