extra long offset intake, runs really rich/4 strokes at wot

jatgm1

Local time
3:11 PM
i have a size 60 jet on my dellorto sha carb, and it still feels like it runs rich, and if i pull the throttle all the way it 4 strokes, so i have to hold it like 1/3 the way to make it work go fast enough. i wrapped copper wire from the cylinder head around the offset intake to help with low temperature, caused by vacuum. (intake was getting really cold and frosting)

Replace the spark plug wire it on screws right out of the CDI.
Get a small piece of copper wire insulated copper wire the same size as the hole the diameter of the CDI.
Get a regular spark plug wire a short one and Automotive spark plug wire shrimp the copper wire it's only going to be about a half inch long maybe about an inch long.
Strip just enough left so you can print it on to the new spark plug wire at the end that goes into the CDI, you may even want to solder her that part.
Been inside the whole of the site you will see a small silver screw like piece of metal screw the new spark plug wire into the CDI box, and you will no longer have to take the Caps off of your spark plug. I use a nice E3
.22 Spark plug. You can get a plug wire for about 5 bucks in the wire you come to the end of this the one-inch piece is almost like a battery cable but then it got to be very rugged but the same diameter of the hole of the CDs and the insulated end goes into the CDI box. good luck buddy

ok just installed a 75 and now it runs like complete s**t. doesnt speed up at all. and it sounds like a train or some steam engine how it putts along. im going to add pictures of my setup.

what would happen if the woodruff key was bent slightly and the timing was off? could this happen?it kinda works until you get going then it starts putting?

Attachments

• KIMG0118.jpg
    KIMG0118.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 146
  • KIMG0119.jpg
    KIMG0119.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 145
  • KIMG0120.jpg
    KIMG0120.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 156
  • KIMG0121.jpg
    KIMG0121.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 151
  • KIMG0122.jpg
    KIMG0122.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 150
  • KIMG0123.jpg
    KIMG0123.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 160
  • KIMG0124.jpg
    KIMG0124.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 151
  • KIMG0125.jpg
    KIMG0125.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 188
  • KIMG0126.jpg
    KIMG0126.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 164
  • KIMG0127.jpg
    KIMG0127.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 153
the copper is to try to heat the pipe, condensation comes off it sometimes.

condensation is normal, its a byproduct of vaporising fuel.(turning a liquid to gas takes energy) nothing to worry about unless you run in sub-zero temperatures... ie, an aeroplane?

simple test on rich/lean.

hit the choke, if it runs better with some choke...its too lean. if it gets worse, its too rich.

if it DIES or "bogs" with full throttle...too lean.

if it stumbles, burbles, wont rev, smokes, drips oil...too rich.

run a ngk b(r)5hs. give it a good run at full throttle, use the KILLSWITCH to stop the engine whilst holding full throttle. check the plug.

if its black or dark brown, too rich. if its white, too lean. if its bordering on white to tan/biscuit...its just right.

oil ratio will affect plug chops, as will having a plug thats too cold (ie a 7 or 8)

personally, i would go about 55 on the main. most of mine have preferred 50 to 60...

Back