Eye candy!

Also when head was new, squish band width was 8.4mm. When I cut head for my 49mm bore it opened up squish band width to 10.5mm. They mention squish band width should be 50% of cylinder bore which would be a squish band width of 12.25mm. Is this something I need to address? Put more attention into it.

So you mentioned to back off timing, retard it?
yes, bow to the tree's my friend. yes, get retarded on the timing.
Also when head was new, squish band width was 8.4mm. When I cut head for my 49mm bore it opened up squish band width to 10.5mm. They mention squish band width should be 50% of cylinder bore which would be a squish band width of 12.25mm. Is this something I need to address? Put more attention into it.
You only have so much to work with unless you are filling and remilling the chamber. It's a game of give and take.

Yeah I'm going to leave head alone, after I got to measuring it. It's at 49.2mm across the width of cylinder so it should be good. You are right if I go to the recommended squish band width, there wont be any fire ring/ sealing ring left on cylinder head.

Looks good. I have the biga$$ rectangular head from cdh. I liked the fact their is a 0.020 high spigot that center and retains head gasket. Mine is machined for a different intake.

Mountain80, next time you have your cylinder head off of yours, could you take a picture of the bottom of your cylinder head?

Mountain80, next time you have your cylinder head off of yours, could you take a picture of the bottom of your cylinder head?
DieselTech, will do have not started rebuild yet, been busy setting up this....

Attachments

• 20211013_113224.jpg
    20211013_113224.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 105
Yeah I dont have a lathe yet, but will own one, got access to one anytime I want thou.

Well I got my eye candy installed today, set squish at .78mm was as close as I could get with gaskets I had. CDH cast head was set at .73mm & took about 4-5miles b4 engine was heated to temp. With the CDH billet cylinder head it now takes about 8-9 miles b4 its fully warmed up. I might do a CDH cast head vs CDH billet head thread comparison. There's little things I like better over the other & vice versus. The heads each have there good & bad points, I guess a guy could say.

Well I got my eye candy installed today, set squish at .78mm was as close as I could get with gaskets I had. CDH cast head was set at .73mm & took about 4-5miles b4 engine was heated to temp. With the CDH billet cylinder head it now takes about 8-9 miles b4 its fully warmed up. I might do a CDH cast head vs CDH billet head thread comparison. There's little things I like better over the other & vice versus. The heads each have there good & bad points, I guess a guy could say.
I just like the look of the cast. It matches the body, looks old school motorcycle-ish. Most of my builds aren't around performance, but rather enjoyment. If for my eyes or the ride it's built for. I am still interested to know though, I am going to do some real performance engines.

Back