EZM Meets Schwinn DelMar....

OK....here it is. I just started today with the installation of my long awaited and highly anticipated EZ Silent drive system. Please forgive the cellphone pics, but its what Ive got.

First is the Schwinn as it looked right out of my jeep and fresh from WallyWorld. Then we have an hour later and finally one of the front end....then I lost my light. More in a day or so. Boy am I like a kid at christmas.

Attachments

• schwinn1.jpg
    schwinn1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,014
  • schwinn2.jpg
    schwinn2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,106
  • schwinn3.jpg
    schwinn3.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 804
Very nice-

Just starting myself with a Schwinn Landmark & the EZM drive

I like your front forks. What are they off of?

Thanks. If I remember correctly I bought them from Choppers US. They were 30" chopper forks I cut down to size....about $69.00 I think....nice and sturdy too! They come with all the hardware except headset.

Im going to get everything bolted up that I can and then wait for some more parts to arrive....wider crank set....new Husky rear wheel....wait, wait, wait. It will be worth it in the end.

Thanks Bill,

Ive had them hanging in my shop for about a year along with the Clubman bars. I figured that eventually I would lock in on ONE project and the EZMotorbike was it.

Hi Everyone,

May I suggest adding a second fender brace to the front fender if you leave it on the bike.

We installed the EZM Q-matic on a Schwinn DelMar to take pictures for the new installation manual [soon to be available]. And after looking at the front fender and reading several posts it is clear the front fender can drop down on the tire if the thin mounting tab breaks. Randy [one of the owners of EZM] installed a second front brace in a a very short time. It was easy to find the exact brace needed from my stock, and checking with several local bike shops we found a good selection of braces that fit.

If anyone needs pictures of the brace installed, contact us and will will send pictures your way.

I also want to say your bikes are Lookin' good, and I really like the front forks on the "Youngbird Special".

Have fun,

Last edited:
Thanks for the "heads-up" Quenton....Ive read many of the same posts and in no way want to do the "faceplant". Im looking for a more rigid front and rear fender for this build....something more in keeping with the theme.

No new pics today but I have the fuel tank secured and plumbed to the engine, throttle and clutch cables installed, speedo too. Still need to get that back wheel from husky with the 11 ga. spokes. They're a tuff wheel. More later!

I dig the moto/chopper forks on motered bikes, gives 'em the beefy look they need. Drum brake front wheel and a solid fender really completes it.

I have gone to 2 pf the ez motorbike websites looking for the silent drive. There is basically no information on what is different about the tranny or why it would be "silent". There is also no price listed. I already have a huasheng kit installed but I am very unhappy with the tranny. Is it possible to buy the silent drive tranny alone, where, how much?

the silent drive is not available as a stand alone unit, it is only available with a kit (MSRP $650)
the new Q-matic auto trans will be tho, when it is released !!!
tentative pricing of $250
this is all explained by Quenton and Mike here
http://www.motoredbikes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102
and here
http://www.motoredbikes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120

the silent drive is a belt primary, chain secondary system (and it IS silent :))
the Q-matic is similar, but has a max-torque designed/engineered centrifugal clutch as well

the 'powers that be' here move all posts concerning EZM to the vendors forum eventually !!!