EZM Pacesetter gearboz

Mptelco

Local time
10:47 PM
Has anyone tried thr ezm Pacesetter gearbox they want $ 300 + for this gear box .Im not finding any good options for the honda motor with 5/8 shaft . looking for feed back on this item from people that have used it .

Some love it and some hate it. Not sure why? But I'm sure you'll find out soon enough as soon as some reviews chime in

One thing I know makes the pacesetter better than the other choices is the clutch is on the output shaft of the transfer case instead of the engine shaft. It doesn't spin as fast as the engine so less rotational losses.

Has anyone tried thr ezm Pacesetter gearbox they want $ 300 + for this gear box .Im not finding any good options for the honda motor with 5/8 shaft . looking for feed back on this item from people that have used it .
Ask @Quenton Guenther He's the guy that designed and made the EZM Pacesetter gearbox.
He's a honest man and will tell ya the pros or cons about it. Not because he just want's to make a sale.

One thing I know makes the pacesetter better than the other choices is the clutch is on the output shaft of the transfer case instead of the engine shaft. It doesn't spin as fast as the engine so less rotational losses.
Ok , the more i learn about this gear box the more i like it thanks

I have the original ezm. I'd say it works better with more powerful
engines. After I made some changes to the HS 142F, it performed
well, almost like a real automatic trans. But I would not recommend
buying the 5/8 inch HS 142 because, as you found out, there are
limited trans and rear sprocket options. Stay with motors equipped
with a clutch. Go with a HS 144, and a 4g or 5g belt trans. Basically,
the ezm is outdated or obsolete because most engines sold today
are equipped with a clutch.

Thanks for your response . I am still on the fence as to what equipment to use next , the hs 144 has much more options for sure however I've found it to be a less reliable engine than the honda , I've had first hand experience with the China knock offs . I've blown them up more than once . On the other hand I've never blown up a small honda engine , lawn mower , pressure washer , snow blower and so on . So the lack of gear box options , or a motor i know ill have to replace at some point , by the way is only 100.00 for the block replacement. Im finding this a difficult choice .

Thanks for your response . I am still on the fence as to what equipment to use next , the hs 144 has much more options for sure however I've found it to be a less reliable engine than the honda , I've had first hand experience with the China knock offs . I've blown them up more than once . On the other hand I've never blown up a small honda engine , lawn mower , pressure washer , snow blower and so on . So the lack of gear box options , or a motor i know ill have to replace at some point , by the way is only 100.00 for the block replacement. Im finding this a difficult choice .
Full disclosure i do ride them pretty hard so the problem may be me lol

Not sure I agree with you. The HS 142F is a very reliable engine.

You may have a point , as i sayed before i tend to ride it like i stole it . I like to go with what puts up to my abuse i have a 86 4 stroke honda dirt bike that i cant break if i try, like wise with my yard equipment for that reason i dont mind pay the extra $ i may of just had one with factory defects . just pulled it apart and found. Piston arm exploded . never seen that before and piton rings worn. To much for me to rebuild . Here in cali to be legal i cant go more than 49 cc or I'd go with somthing bigger .

Back