EZM Pacesetter gearboz

Here in cali to be legal i cant go more than 49 cc or I'd go with somthing bigger .
That used to be the law. You are now allowed up to 149.99cc and 4hp, while not capable of traveling faster than 30 mph on flat ground with no wind. Bad news is now you are required an m2 license on anything under 150cc (even if under 50cc) and an m1 on anything 150cc and over. Since both tests are basically the same you might as well get the m1 endorsement.

I didn't know they changed the law about cc size . about 3 years ago i had to get a licence plate and register with dmv i already had a m1 but if you didn't have one you had to take driving test on a real motorcycle . Not sure if thats just California but that really sucks .

Last edited:
Just do like everyone else who lives in California that has a motorbike. Ride without a License, insurance or registration
By mail get your DMV motor bike sticker You pay a 1 time fee of $20
You only have to fill out your name and address.

I don't have a CA. M/B sticker and I have been riding my Whizzer Motoirbike 138cc for 15 years and over 38,000 miles all around CA.
I have never been stopped and asked for a license or registration.
But I did get a ticket for running a stop sign. It was written up as a bicycle so it didn't go on my D/L record.
BTW I have a M/C license

If ya ask the DMV about anything they will want to charge you a yearly registration fee or make ya get a M-2 license
The DMV just want's your money

I only got the license plate( $ 18 life time ) because i got puled over on my motorized bicycle and the cop told me they are not legal anywhere plus to show how dumb this guy was he insisted it was a pocket bike . I haven't been pulled over since i got the plate but cop's always give me funny looks like im braking the law .

I only got the license plate( $ 18 life time ) because i got puled over on my motorized bicycle and the cop told me they are not legal anywhere plus to show how dumb this guy was he insisted it was a pocket bike . I haven't been pulled over since i got the plate but cop's always give me funny looks like im braking the law .
I haven't registered my bike yet and have no plates or license. I've been pulled over while wrenching on my bike once on the roadside because the cop wanted to check it out and he was full smiley face when I got it going again and did a burnout and a wheelie.
I also had another cop chase my friend and I for over 15 minutes through another town. He said he had to pull over at each intersection, shut his engine off and listen to where we went. He said it sounded like lawnmowers were racing through town. Told us to walk them out of his view and then get out of town. So we walked them a block then once out of his view started them up and got the fork out of dodge (Redlands, CA). Redlands is not motorized bicycle friendly.

By the way does anyone know the length of the 5/8 shaft needed for the EZM gear box.
The one im looking at is 1 5/8 long somehow that doesn't seem long enough to me .

It works with the motor that is not equipped with a clutch. I
have a warning for you: You will not be able to get a rear
sprocket larger than the one supplied by EZM. If you
go with them, and you don't like the results you'll be
locked in and won't be able to change out sprockets. The
larger sprockets are no longer available. With the motors
equipped with a clutch, you'll have several options: different
trans and different sprockets. The original EZM works poorly with
the stock HS 142F. I know. Not completely sure how the
pacesetter performs. I wouldn't go with a pacesetter unless
you know someone who has the same motor/pacesetter
combination you are considering. Be cautious, be wise.

So you dont think you could change gearing enough with the rear wheel sprocket ?

By the way does anyone know the length of the 5/8 shaft needed for the EZM gear box.
The one im looking at is 1 5/8 long somehow that doesn't seem long enough to me .
Buy a 6" 5/8 jack shaft for a couple bucks and cut it to length.

Back