Ezm what options do I have for frames

Electricbkrider

Local time
5:17 PM
I definitely want a motorized bike for commuting to work. My electric bike hasn't failed me but someone stole it and I don't really want to work out another 4grand. I would love to go with a 4 stroke my real problem is im not thrilled about the beach cruiser. I ride 50/50 off road / road. This would be my first build I've built plenty off mini bikes. I would still want to be able to pedal cause I enjoy it after work but on the way there I like flying like a bat out of hell and what would I need for tektros for both wheels

What motor are you going to use? Say it's the HS 142f 49cc. You then get the measurements for that motor and then see if it will fit in the diamond of the bike frame. Also you need to remember a flat plate will be used to mount the motor so the bottom of the diamond isn't ground 0 to measure from. Are you going to use a jackshaft to use the gearing on the bike? Are you just going to use a single sprocket w/o a jackshaft? What transmission are you going to use? You need to figure all this out so it will all fit together to save fabrication issues and money. If you choose the right bike/kit its all plugnplay. All this is assuming you want an inframe kit. Transmissions, well some are junk and some are good. Ask around or read about them, I don't have much experience w/them only what I read. Motors, you can get a honda 35cc but it won't make you happy. It's only good on the flats no hills. The HS 142f/144f are the most popular. The 144f with only 4 more cc'ss has more torque than the 142f and will put a smile on your face and make you happy going up hills etc. Then there's the honda gxh 50cc. Very pricy plus you need a clutch converter to make it work and it sticks way out because of the added width. I'm not going to mention much about the 79cc/212cc motors. That's up to you. If your going to go that big I'd just buy a 150cc scooter or a m/c, my opinion.

Last edited:
Qmat
What motor are you going to use? Say it's the HS 142f 49cc. You then get the measurements for that motor and then see if it will fit in the diamond of the bike frame. Also you need to remember a flat plate will be used to mount the motor so the bottom of the diamond isn't ground 0 to measure from. Are you going to use a jackshaft to use the gearing on the bike? Are you just going to use a single sprocket w/o a jackshaft? What transmission are you going to use? You need to figure all this out so it will all fit together to save fabrication issues and money. If you choose the right bike/kit its all plugnplay. All this is assuming you want an inframe kit. Transmissions, well some are junk and some are good. Ask around or read about them, I don't have much experience w/them only what I read. Motors, you can get a honda 35cc but it won't make you happy. It's only good on the flats no hills. The HS 142f/144f are the most popular. The 144f with only 4 more cc'ss has more torque than the 142f and will put a smile on your face and make you happy going up hills etc. Then there's the honda gxh 50cc. Very pricy plus you need a clutch converter to make it work and it sticks way out because of the added width. I'm not going to mention much about the 79cc/212cc motors. That's up to you. If your going to go that big I'd just buy a 150cc scooter or a m/c, my opinion.
Qmatic transmission and 144f after talking with a few people it's looking like I should go with a single speed cruiser not sure if I want to use a jackshaft or not

Tektro hydraulics are nice rode an Ebike down in florida with them equipped. I found them too touchy and somewhat overpowered for 20mph top speed. My current bike has a 203mm front rotor with manual shimano caliper and it brakes the best of any bike I've had so far. I have a subaru 35cc 4 stroke. Steel rimmed wheels with 12 gauge spokes some continental tires, suntour fork, megarange 7 speed shimano freewheel. It gets really slow up a hill may swap the engine soon. As long as your motor isn't going 5mph up a hill (which it won't with the HS) you don't really need the extra pedal gears. If you want to fork out the money for hydraulic you can.

Back