F/S Staton friction drive [SOLD]

I have decided to go a different direction with the MB and sell my Staton friction drive, Subaru-Robin EOH-35 with all the goodies that come with the kit. I have included pics of the parts. $275 firm. I have run this motor for about 200 miles so it was just getting broken in, I also painted the cowling because I hated the baby **** yellow that it was origanally. The only problem that I had with it was a snapped drive roller which Staton replaced for me (Good customer service). In the mean time I had a local machine shop drill and tap and install a hardened stud in the end of the roller and put it back in, so I am including a brand new roller. Both rollers are 7/8 inch.
This price includes shipping.

PM me if interested

Royce
rwquiring@yahoo.com

Attachments

• Motor 1.jpg
    Motor 1.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 244
  • Motor 2.jpg
    Motor 2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 231
  • Motor 3.jpg
    Motor 3.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 205
  • Motor 5.jpg
    Motor 5.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Motor 6.jpg
    Motor 6.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Motor 7.jpg
    Motor 7.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 213
This is a great deal! How is the acceleration with a friction vs a chain drive? I know it's WAY more complicated than that but maybe you have a general opinion?

Breaksalltherules:

I am not sure of what the difference is between the friction vs. chain because all I have had is a friction, I weight about 210 and I can motor along at about 21-22 mph which is all right for me.

The reason that I want to sell it is that I would like to buy a crusier bike and a in the frame style of motor, just a change I guess, I also have a Kawasaki KLR 650 that I bomb around on also.

Q

This is a great deal! How is the acceleration with a friction vs a chain drive? I know it's WAY more complicated than that but maybe you have a general opinion?

There is nothing really complicated about friction drive, it is the simplest and the most reliable set-up there is.

I am doing 22MPH with BMP 1" roller + Subaru ECO, and

33MPH with BMP 1.25" roller coupled to HF 52 cc 2 stroke.

I weigh 280 lb.

There is a fellow in Hawaii armed with 2 engines 1 on each wheel friction drive, he does over 40 MPH.

Haha yeah I know the friction drive is very beautifully simple. The chain drive with everything from transmission to gearing that would be hard to compare.

There is nothing really complicated about friction drive, it is the simplest and the most reliable set-up there is.

I am doing 22MPH with BMP 1" roller + Subaru ECO, and

33MPH with BMP 1.25" roller coupled to HF 52 cc 2 stroke.

I weigh 280 lb.

There is a fellow in Hawaii armed with 2 engines 1 on each wheel friction drive, he does over 40 MPH.

That's my good friend 5-7 Heaven. He is quite active here. Nice setup, but sure wears the tires, and is no good in wet!

Thanks for props, Ed.

My first engine kit was a Staton friction drive with 1.125" roller and that same engine. It was the perfect setup to start with. Top speed was 27mph on my 20" Dahon folder.

Your setup is a great starter at an excellent price. :geek:

Back