FACEBOOK

wheelbender6

I don't do facebook. I don't dislike them. I just don't want it.
There are things that I don't want to discuss on the web, like effin politics.
I am going to quit Pinterest if I can't filter out the politics.

Frankenstein

Personally I thought Facebook was for your family and friends, and you share stuff that you'd probably consider best to stay amongst those people, public network or not. While I'm not particularly afraid of being stalked online since I only post things on fb like 2 or 3 times a year I don't know if I want friend requests from dozens of people who want me to help them with bikes. I don't think I even posted a single picture of my bike on facebook or even mentioned I owned one there. It's really a separate catagory itself, kind of like not bringing your personal affairs with you to work, or your religious affiliation to a political discussion, just good to keep certain things away from everything else. Don't think the people I've dated or pictures of my son's first poop should be of much business to anyone who doesn't have anything to do with me.

If I make one of those accounts with 3 or 4 thousand friends just for the sake of being a complete douchebag attention whore I'll get back to you.

Frankenstein

I only used FB to hook up with old friends then deactivated the account. Just no interest in it at all.
I think I still have an active account from so long ago that I didn't use and forgot the credentials to so I made a new one, if the phone didn't remember these things for me I'd of probably needed to create a 3rd or 4th account. What's kind of sad is I know people who have 6, 7, maybe 8 accounts because they are so stupid they just somehow ended up needing to make so many.

People wonder why I avoid Facebook, it's not the facebook, it's the faces in that book I'm trying to avoid.. If I can't spend the time to see you in real life there's likely a good reason, letting the pretend magical world of Facebook make it appear that I kind of care about you doesn't really harm me as long as I don't spend too much valuable time actually talking to you with the thumbs up button or whatever counts as meaningful interaction to you.

Facebook was nice when you had to be smart enough to use a computer, now it's so easy every dumb fork got his/her bent little prongs tick tacking away on a screen and now that neighborhood went to sh*t. I like how I can send pictures to my grandma with basically no effort at all, so much better than trying to explain downloading attachments over the phone to an old lady who can only hear half of what I'm saying -.- I'm even friends with one of my dead grandparents and it's nice that somebody still writes to her as though she's still alive now and then. Immortality at its finest, figuratively though strikingly and oddly realistic to a certain point. As long as Facebook doesn't collapse we can all kind of live forever.

Jk, I'm a parent so as long as my kids are ok then dying would be a great thing, anyone in my position can understand this feeling. I don't envy the idea of living on forever, with or without facebook's help, whatsoever.