FACEBOOK

wheelbender6

I don't do facebook. I don't dislike them. I just don't want it.
There are things that I don't want to discuss on the web, like effin politics.
I am going to quit Pinterest if I can't filter out the politics.

Frankenstein

Personally I thought Facebook was for your family and friends, and you share stuff that you'd probably consider best to stay amongst those people, public network or not. While I'm not particularly afraid of being stalked online since I only post things on fb like 2 or 3 times a year I don't know if I want friend requests from dozens of people who want me to help them with bikes. I don't think I even posted a single picture of my bike on facebook or even mentioned I owned one there. It's really a separate catagory itself, kind of like not bringing your personal affairs with you to work, or your religious affiliation to a political discussion, just good to keep certain things away from everything else. Don't think the people I've dated or pictures of my son's first poop should be of much business to anyone who doesn't have anything to do with me.

If I make one of those accounts with 3 or 4 thousand friends just for the sake of being a complete douchebag attention whore I'll get back to you.