factory built electric bike

JunkyardDog

Local time
7:19 PM
I need to get my daughter (age 26) an electric bike for riding back and forth to work. I don't have time to get into electric bikes and build one myself. I have built several gas bikes, but know very little about electrics. It needs to be capable of going 10 miles without pedaling, be capable of being recharged in 6 hours, and not cost over $1500. Anybody know if there is anything decent out there that meet those requirements in that price range?

If I were you I would consider a kit. I built my first e bike from a kit on Amazon and a battery from Alibaba for under $500, I had it installed in less that 2 hours, I have clocked my top speed at 28 mph and have gotten 25 miles per charge. I put my charger on the battery at night and it's charged in the morning, so less than 8 hours. I only pedal my bike a little when starting off to help it get up to speed but you don't have to if you don't want to. My 1000 watt kit has plenty of power to start off.

Something to think about. I don't have an E-Bike but I am researching them to the Nth degree. One thing I have noticed. When the batteries are such that their replacement MUST come from the same company you "might" have a problem down the road if they go broke. Hopefully you can find a unit that uses a battery that is replaceable with something "off the shelf". (SLA or some such.) Good luck.

When it comes to factory built ebikes it's the same as all ways that you get what you pay for! Right now for the money I know it's a bit more starting at $2500 Canadian that's $2000 American these pedego bikes are awesome quality parts good Samsung LI-ION cells (18650's) at 10 or 15 ah,P.A.S system with 5 modes or full throttle control around 30 mile range with P.A.S,quick charge times and posible to get three years from battery!When you divide the price over three years for transportation cost thats pretty cheap!

Attachments

• pedego-comfort-cruiser.jpg
    pedego-comfort-cruiser.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 199
  • interceptor-stepthrough-teal-black.jpg
    interceptor-stepthrough-teal-black.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 229
  • pedego-boomerang-plus.jpg
    pedego-boomerang-plus.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 195
i second that a kit will allow you to buy a better battery but some of the factory bikes look very nice and for a female that might be part of it too. that being said, it the factory bike is something you can reproduce with a kit (ie not in frame battery, elegant styling, integrated systems) and a store bought bike; i would go and do it myself and get 1.5-2.0 battery capacity for the price it will cost from factory. just make sure u buy a japanese battery with that budget.

junkyarddog, the electric is not hard. it is a fraction of the difficulty of a gas power bike so making a nice one will not be a challenge for you.

that being said, if you and your daughter are up for the challenge, uniqueness, and look (might be kinda bulky) put in a one wheel trailer solar system. with $1500, you might be able to get the bike, electric bike kit, trailer, and solar kit...

Back