failed hub free wheel ?

yeah man !! the split bolts work great. it's amazing how a seemly little thing like flex movement of the drivering makes such a huge difference.

i was handling it the same as before this morning and found myself looking at the speedo after leaving a stop when i thought i would be doing 25mph and was already doing 35mph. it's faster and ERIE SMOOTH.

i have been loosing alot of response and had just a soggy feeling in the drive due to the ring not being totally centered and solid in one spot on the spokes.

it makes total sense when you think of it but it took a while for me to find it.

i'm going to get some more split bolts today and recheck with the indicator tonight.

steve

OK guys,

the drivering was faultless and stayed put in exactly as i set it last night thru 40mls o fcommute today. i was extra careful to pay attention thru the places where i had been havin gthe clumping symtoms and there were none today.

i don't want to return to this particular part of maintainence if possible so i got more split bolts and backed up my work. last night i put them on the outside of the ring every other engagement spoke, today i put them on the alternating spokes INSIDE the ring.

1st pic, what i used.

2nd pic,not very clear but you can kind of see a piece of wire in place that you need because the split nuts are just THAT much too big. it also cushions the anvil against the spoke and i think that's a good thing.

3rd pic, how they look on the ring. i faced them all the same way for easiest access and clearence AND to keep as much of the mass as near the centerline of the wheel as possible.

i'm very sure it will never move again.

if you followed my build thread you have seen ABOUT everything that a guy can mess up or have an issue with by putting a BIG engine on the GEBE system. i have to say, the GEBE stuff is tough and WAY better than it gets credit for. the more i screw up and it survives the more impressed i am.

here's the pics,
steve

Attachments

• IMG_0727.JPG
    IMG_0727.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0728.JPG
    IMG_0728.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0729.JPG
    IMG_0729.JPG
    227.8 KB · Views: 205