Carby Fake Mikuni questions

Maybe jets meant for the real mikuni would fit I don't know. If it's a clone it should be pretty similar. I'm gonna get something like that for my 2 stroke project someone said they had a 70cc engine and were running a delorto with a #90 jet. My engine i'm putting together will be 74cc so definetly need something different.

That brass nipple looks like it’s for oil injection. Poke a small wire in it and see if it goes all the way through into the carb bore. If so you need to solder it closed or cap it otherwise it will suck air and lean out making it impossible to tune. Are you sure it’s a Mik clone?, it’s actually a good looking carb.

Last edited:
It's a clone, came from Zeda lol. It doesn't have the proper markings and the hose color is wrong from what I have found on the net.

Thank you Barnfresh. It does run straight into the carb.

I'll pull the jets today and take a picture.

So it takes the 5mm jets like the nt carb. Now I need to figure out what jet sizes to start tuning this thing.

It idles fine but haven't messed with the air screw. Revs fine without a load but when I ride it I have to pull the choke at part throttle or it bogs bad. Seems to pull after that but I'm still breaking it in so I let off. It is impossible to ride without pulling the choke so I have to do something to get it rideable.

So it takes the 5mm jets like the nt carb. Now I need to figure out what jet sizes to start tuning this thing.

It idles fine but haven't messed with the air screw. Revs fine without a load but when I ride it I have to pull the choke at part throttle or it bogs bad. Seems to pull after that but I'm still breaking it in so I let off. It is impossible to ride without pulling the choke so I have to do something to get it rideable.
If it needs the choke to run means the pilot jet is to small,The choke in this carb type is actually an enrichment valve it adds fuel to the A/F mix through the carb body it doesn't restrict any air flow like a normal choke but rather opens a passage where the air can pull fuel from the bowl to be added into the mix.

Back