Fall Is in The Air

CENTURION

Local time
5:22 AM
Starting to get fall season around here 55-60F, very low humidity, the MB runs super. Lots of deer and wild turkey families to keep an eye out for. Next few weeks is going to make for some great riding weather.:)

Attachments

• FALL.jpg
    FALL.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 58
Starting to get fall season around here 55-60F, very low humidity, the MB runs super. Lots of deer and wild turkey families to keep an eye out for. Next few weeks is going to make for some great riding weather.:)
Yeah, these bikes love the cooler weather between 50* and 75*

It don't get to cold here in SOCAL but anything lower than 50* is too cold for me.

Wild animals can be worse than watching out for cars,
Cars don't jump out from behind bushes LOL :LOL:

We were 75 degrees today and yesterday and tomorrow... at 1:00 am. ... that is.

95 degree daytime temps continue indefinitely for now
We are still around 89 degrees daytime temps here in Alamogordo...Night time temps will be in the low 70s...My A/C is still running...lol...No low bills for me as of yet...lol.

Wuss...lol...I still ride here in the desert when it can get into the 30s here, rare though that is...lol...Wuss...lol.
That's Mr. Wuss :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I've been out on my M/C when it gets below 40*
When I leave the house it was in the 50s but after the sun goes down the temps can drop fast
Usually I'll be in those low temps for no more than 1 hr so it isn't too bad.

No I don't want heated gloves or heated underwear. I got a V Twin heater between my legs :ROFLMAO:

Traditionally and in terms agriculture and animal husbandry, the harvest season ('fall') starts in August with the grain harvest.
Very noticeable in parts of Scandinavia or Canada.
For the Celts, Summer - or the warmer half of the year - ends at Samhain (samh = Summer, fuin = end), which you know as Halloween, the blood harvest, when livestock who aren't going to make it through the winter are slaughtered and preserved.
I remember that in the 90s and early 00s, it only got cold here for about 3 weeks in January and after Valentine's day, it started to warm up quickly, snow storms were VERY rare and VERY quickly over, temps in the 30s were rare as well.
This is no longer the case, it can cool down fairly drastically as early as September, snow storms can last 3 days, temps can drop to -6F and it doesn't start to warm back up until mid May.
Someone needs to tell Greta Thunberg that her global warming isn't working.
I'll ride as long as the roads are not fully icy - driving a car on ice is already not the best idea you've ever had, riding a bicycle on ice is a potential suicide mission - the wind is below 30 mph and my fingers don't turn to icicles the minute I step out the door.

1st snow can be here next week or mid Nov, just roll the dice. 1 thing fo shu, starting Oct at night it gets cold till next May. Oct and late sept can be our best weather for getting out, more stable than spring.

Back