FANTA SODA CHOPPER BUILD

Diamond Back

Local time
6:27 PM
Well I finally got sometime to start Building this Chopper, had 3 customer bikes to build a 29" Mongoose MTB, a 26" Roadmaster MTB,and a Cranbrook...I make about $150 a bike and there low priceed so people can afford them. Most people that ride these bikes around here dont have lots of money like where I lived at the Jerzey Shore so I give them a MTB with engine for $350 and up...Well it helps to pay for my bike and parts and some cash in my pocket,,,YA know !!!!

So I got the new ZEDA80 going in this Bike which came to me by a neighbor thats works for the FANTA soda company and WON this bike at a Company Event,,,, I cant even find another bike out there that looks like this, like i dont even know what company makes this frame,, IF anbody knows please let me know..

So starting with the engine mounts first, I have two 2 issues to over come on mounting engine, 1 being i need to mount little to the left to have clearance of the chain not rubbing on the FAT tire in the rear.. The bike has a 20" x 3.50" rear tire that i got the 36 tooth sprocket and 1.5" adapter for the hub that I can use washers as spacers on the countersunk allen bolts to move sprocket in or out to clear tire and line up with the sprocket on the engine which i now have to mount slightly to the left.. The other mounting issue is the big space "V" frame makes mounting a problem due to the V wide stance that the motor just drops straight down due to the gap... so I decided to offset dremal the front mount and use a motor mount that came in a kit for mounting in a wide tune frame on a cruiser type Bike frame... This motor mount is 1.5" inches on the clamping end and my frame is a little less at 1.4" so i made some rubber frome a set of Handgrips and run it around the 1.5" clamp so it now will have a tight rubber clamping mount around back town tube that will raise the engine up to a good mounting hieght to clear the sprocket and Chrome chain guard on the right side and this clamping motor mount that i have elongated the engine to mount attachin bolt holes so I can slide the engine to the left a little to clear back tire of drive chain.. and maybe the rubber mounting i am doing in the front and rear will help with any viration issues or maybe make worse,,IDK we will find out though. What should I do with the cylinder body ? i havent painted it yet because i will be holding it a lot while I do my porting work and cleanup. should i do it orange,blue, or silver...IDK let me get going with the dremel and do some porting work. I will update this thread and add photos as I go....its gonna be cool
................................................TO BE CONTINUED !!!

IMG_20170905_023543.jpg
IMG_20170905_022842.jpg
IMG_20170905_022909.jpg

Last edited:
Back