Fat tire bikes

Regalgse00

Local time
2:44 AM
Are people using fat tire bikes with 2 stroke engine kits on. A buddy from Alaska was wanting a bike and asked about a fat tire bike. Wasn’t sure if people were. I’m sure u would have to find a offset engine mount or something for chain alignment

Only ones I have seen are jackshafted. After about 2.25 of tire, it gets a bit tricky. I can use 2.25, but nothing bigger or the tire rubs on any single speed I've made. Unless I dish the rim, but I don't do that. I guess if the axles were long enough you could figure out some spacers.

Are people using fat tire bikes with 2 stroke engine kits on. A buddy from Alaska was wanting a bike and asked about a fat tire bike. Wasn’t sure if people were. I’m sure u would have to find a offset engine mount or something for chain alignment

@yuckfoo made a 2 stroke Fat Tire M/B

I have a series of videos on my Mongoose Dolomite build. I had to fabricate a few of my own parts. I also had to shave off some material from my exhaust side motor mount. Others have cut their frames to make clearance. I'd suggest what I did rather than cut the frame. I can't speak for all Fat Bikes, but the Dolomite does create some challenges. It is not plug and play.

In this video I briefly describe some of the things I had to do. Take note of the motor mount I made. It's essentially two bikeberry motor mounts welded together. If you can weld or can get it welded (mine cost $25.00 to have welded) it's a very simple solution. I needed this because even after shaving off material from the case's mount area the tolerance was still tight.

Here's an electric that the late KC Vale built. Electrics are allowed on many nature trails. However, most nature trails ban combustion engine vehicles. Unlike a 2 stroke an electric won't require major modifications.

MongooseFatL.jpg

Back