Fat tire

Eddie Medley

Local time
8:25 AM
Could i put a 3 inch fat tire on the a 2 inch rim so i can put it on my beach cruiser bicycle at the rear so it looks a little bigger rhen the front?

Don't know the answer to your ?, but I'm wondering if it will fit in between the 2 seat stays. Get out your measuring tape.

It will fit on the rim but it might not fit on the bike, fat tires take a lot of room.

I have a 26" what if I got a 24" fat tire would it equal out dual to the big rubber adding two inches

a kenda flame 24 inch by 3 inch comes out to roughly 26 inches so yeah. If you have a steel frame you can even spread out the chainstays a tad to give you an extra bit of room

I deal with fat tires pretty often now, I would say it's usually up to pot luck. It's almost a hard fair bet that the big tire will not fit up on a small rim. I've tried putting 4 inch wide tires from a 26 rim to a 27.5 3 inch wide rim, definitely not a match.

They usually work well when using the same sized rim just different width. Ive send 26 3in wide put with success onto a normal 26 rim. Works great I'll add, and they guy ain't small neither, just gives it a more puffy appearance.

A 26 diameter with 4 inch tires is closer to 34 inches total diameter, they are visibly taller standing than the standard 26. About as big as a 27.5 with 3inchers.

The best way to judge is the width of the frame in the area where the tire will be, if it's wider than the tire is meant to be, then it's fine.

3-1/2 = 3-2/4, someone needs to remeasure or get a new measuring tape.

On a serious note :) You might have trouble clearing your tire with the chain unless you have a shift kit. My 2.5" tire clears my stock chain setup by a mm or so.

Back