Fatbike 750W vs Buzzbike 48cc

I think I'll desecrate every new age avant garde structure "art" I see.

Saw this one doing a detour in, told wife I'ma gonna fatbike it as soon as I drop her off.
I did.
View attachment 176507
That looks like one of the thingy's the Nazis used on the Normandy beaches to stop tanks and landing crafts from invading...lol...It didn't seem to work for them very well just as It doesn't "work" for me as "art" either...lol.

Ps...You can't desecrate something that is already a desecration to begin with...lol...Whatever it is...lol.

Interesting observation.

Actual prep to ride fatbike is easier, lock in battery, turn on, go. Even lights are automatic. No warm-up.

Buzzbike needs a start and warm-up for first ride, till its warmed up it 4-strokes a lot. After that, G2G nice smooth runout.

Simply riding? Shifter motorbike is easier, easier to transition to pedal-only power. Much easier to shift, no shift sensor timing issues, multiple cog jumps are smooth. Let off throttle, sprockets still turn whereas on ebike you have limited spindown.

That's provided ya don't break cardinal rules of no derailleur shifting under load, whether its pedal, electric, or smoker, pointed uphill on smallest cog ya just screwed yaself.

Power wise? After riding both of them a few weeks, hard to say which one could outrun the other, they're close enough where riding technique would win on either.
Happy w/ both.

I still wanna ride my smoker downtown some day, just to watch the greenies sneer at me.

Smokes a fair bit on startup, but its gone by warmup. Still not friendly where I'm parking during the week, dungeon parking of a med center waaa. Weekends up here all kinds of friendly.

Hell with them hillbillies I went uppity today.
I may have gotten toasty too.
Played a fool jamming and dancing with it.
20220618_182517.jpg

I got a gut feeling for range. First time I took a bike this far out since I first got my etrike going. I was hard driving it there, took it easy coming back and helped up a few hills if the tune was worth dancing to.
It was.
😍
20220618_173931.jpg

Another obligatory bridge shot, first time I made it here woohoo.
20220618_175241.jpg

Curious how much battery I really have left. I saw 0% a few times close to home heavy loaded, it was at 16% level moderate speed. Turn it on right now, says 23%.
Probably low enough to say its spent.

You seem to love the electric, but so-so with the 2 stroke. Use a
synthetic lube gas blend, like VP or REdline 2 stroke racing
synthetic and you won't see any smoke. Redline is used
by RC pilots almost exclusively. It's super, but expensive.

Using amsoil saber at 20:1, it’s not that bad at startup. Just that university, not a good place to run banana pipe two stroke, and they might not let me park it in their bike racks. That’s my whole reason for bringing a bike there, not walking all that crap.

I‘m leaning more on ebike in summer, like the stereo, easy to carry. Yet, my motorized bike still gets errand runs around here. Come winter, it’ll be my main ride like last winter. Can’t beat that onboard heater.

20220618_180638.jpg

I left this pic out, yesterday, but now? I'm studying it to locate a backplate to my otterbox. It blocks my camera, I took it off, put it on my seat... and its probably in the weeds by the tree.

So, ok, I'll go back and look for it w/ the motorbike.
Its a great excuse! Seems to be a habit too. I got a vid of finding my lost taillight last winter in the woods.

First, success. I found it, its in front of tree.
Right in front of seat.
20220619_112638.jpg

So what da hell, didn't go this way yesterday.
20220619_113142.jpg

Found main road, went off side roads again.
Guess I dropped crap everywhere, found a mask here.
20220619_114355.jpg

Followed this road out, in town, past town, obligatory bridge shot, yesterday's bridge in distance. Woo.
20220619_115653.jpg

There's an underpass somewhere in that pic, I found it looping back. Stopped at this creepy cemetary. That one stone is a 22yo kid, died in France in 1918.
20220619_120459.jpg

I took another diversion, got lost had to google my way home.
Well, didn't HAVE to, but I'm hungry.
20220619_124955.jpg

Longest ride yet, and not a hiccup. I gave it some hard throttle coming home, just cause I was close enough to walk. It climbed all the hills, most mid-throttle 3rd cluster 15mph. Probably could have pushed it harder too.

Fatbike gives me range anxiety, Buzzbike its more will it blow? But, hey, she's earning trust with this ride!
20220619_123349.jpg

Back in the city for the week.

I Present:
Today's artsy-fartsy desecration by fatbike.
What da hell is it? I dunno.

I'll go back for the dismembered beheaded nekkid statue tomorrow...
20220620_110549.jpg

Back