Faulty clutch sprocket ?

Wolfie65

Local time
5:53 PM
Got the offset intake to make the carb fit the Raleigh C 40 Cross Sport, running into another issue further downstairs.
The teeth of the stock clutch sprocket appear to be just a hair too thick, because none of the 3 chains - 410 and 415 - I have tried will feed on it, all of them get stuck - and I do mean STUCK after about 3 links.
Actually had to use the puller to get the chains back off, pulling or even wrenching in either direction didn't budge them one iota.
2 of the chains will, however, feed nicely onto the rear sprocket, one of 'em's kinda stiff, so it's not the chains.
As Lana of Red Ice says, 'If you date 100 people and ALL of them dump you, it's definitely you....'
My first thought was to maybe try to file the teeth down just a tad to make them slightly skinnier, which should eliminate the problem, but since another sprocket is only $ 6.99 on Fleabay, we'll try that first. Bikeberry were sold out, Gasbike aren't even offering that part. didn't think to check MBRebel.

Got the offset intake to make the carb fit the Raleigh C 40 Cross Sport, running into another issue further downstairs.
The teeth of the stock clutch sprocket appear to be just a hair too thick, because none of the 3 chains - 410 and 415 - I have tried will feed on it, all of them get stuck - and I do mean STUCK after about 3 links.
Actually had to use the puller to get the chains back off, pulling or even wrenching in either direction didn't budge them one iota.
2 of the chains will, however, feed nicely onto the rear sprocket, one of 'em's kinda stiff, so it's not the chains.
As Lana of Red Ice says, 'If you date 100 people and ALL of them dump you, it's definitely you....'
My first thought was to maybe try to file the teeth down just a tad to make them slightly skinnier, which should eliminate the problem, but since another sprocket is only $ 6.99 on Fleabay, we'll try that first. Bikeberry were sold out, Gasbike aren't even offering that part. didn't think to check MBRebel.
Yeah you can file or grind on the clutch sprocket, I've heard of this problem b4, but never have ran into it. I run 415HD chain thou too, so maybe it's just a tad wider chain.

Back